Chapter I - You're My Son Now

Code name: Eerie Phantom.

Real name: (Y/n) (L/n)

A detective slash spy. She multitasks both occupations. Very successfully, one might add.

Regardless of how good she is, (Y/n)'s identity is hidden from the media. It's a precaution she insists onto her comrades, so that she can continue to serve her job and her country, in regards to sufficiency and assurance of peace and salvation.

Since the very first day of being a detective slash spy, (Y/n) had engraved in her mind that she was never to receive any form of acknowledgment. And she's okay with that. Well, it's more of a scenario where she was forced to inherit that mindset.

Recently, she has been transferred to Tokyo's police department. And Tokyo was the center of all of Japan's crimes and illegal doings, specifically from members of the underground mafia.

(Y/n) would accept the transfer for the sole purpose of completing a certain task that a close friend of her asked in advanced.

"Thank you for coming, (L/n)." Naoto Tachibana was one of Tokyo's top detectives, and he had asked (Y/n) to assist him on a case that he was working on, given the difficulty in fulfilling the actual task at hand. "I understand how busy your schedule is." He prepares a serving of coffee for himself and for (Y/n) once she was settled in his office.

"Your message sounded urgent." (Y/n) accepts the beverage. "Since we've known each other since elementary school, I depicted that it was for a good reason."

Naoto smiles with gratitude. "Yes." He lets the grown woman drink her coffee and takes out the file that would contain all the information she would need. He opens it to gesture the paperwork and photographs that was inside.

"Have you ever heard of the mafia gang called Kuroyuri?" Naoto first asks.

(Y/n) answers truthfully, lowering the glass cup from her lips. "Not much. I lived in the rural parts of Japan before coming here, so there wasn't that much that were said about them. All that I know that they're the top among Japan's underground market. And they're bound to grow bigger in terms of control, right?"

"Exactly." Naoto nods in confirmation. "Recently, they've been killing attorneys, diplomats, political officials...." He points to the pictures that were taken of the killings, to which makes (Y/n) a bit unsettled at how graphic each one of them were. "All for the sake of power. Of course, we have yet to confirm that, but given how narrow our options are, that's the only reason that makes sense."

(Y/n) understands his explanation on the spot. "So then what's your suggestion?"

"We take down their leader." Naoto declares. "Well, specifically, you." He wears a stern look as he says. "Your target is Kuroyuri's boss, Japan's top mafia boss, Takemichi Hanagaki."

"Takemichi Hanagaki..." (Y/n) repeats the name in a low voice.

Naoto crosses his arms. "Unfortunately, we have no idea what he looks like. He's practically one of the many that just lives his life like any normal civilian would."

(Y/n) scowls. "So then there's not really much to work with here..."

"Not without you." Naoto insists. "With your skills (L/n), Kuroyuri can be disbanded, and so can the underground market. Only you can fulfill a task like this."

"Do you at least have a plan?" (Y/n) didn't sound convinced.

"Yes." Naoto reaffirms. "While you try to discover Takemichi Hanagaki's identity, you would have to disguise yourself as a civilian, and have a husband a child." (Y/n) spits out the coffee that she was drinking, startled by how repulsive the idea was.