nine

Sunghoon turned on the lights to his house and exhaled heavily. The memory of him kissing Daeun kept replaying in his mind. He plopped himself on the couch and placed his coat next to him. The skyscraper lights were twinkling as they greeted him from the glass window.

He poured himself a glass of wine and stood in front of the window, admiring the beautiful city view. He stared at his reflection, his sleeves were rolled up to his elbow and his tie was already loosened up.

He turned around and glanced at the entrance door, wondering what Daeun was doing in her penthouse.

Is she thinking about the kiss too?

His lips curved into a small smile and he turned back to the city view, gulping down his wine.

Daeun closed the entrance door and leaned against it before sliding down. She brought her knees closer to her chest and hugged herself. The memories of Doyun hitting her and yelling at her started replaying in her mind.

"Ha Doyun! Tell me the truth. You have someone else, right?" Daeun slammed the pictures of him kissing another girl in his car. He frowned, "That's not me."

"It is you! Stop lying. People saw you!"

"So what? It means nothing. We're dating, right? Why are you so worried?"

She scoffed in disbelief before grabbing her handbag. She stormed towards the entrance door, earning a surprised look from him.

Doyun immediately stood up and grabbed her wrist, gripping it tightly. "Let me go!" She tried to free herself.

He grabbed a fistful of her hair and clenched his jaw, "You will not leave until I say so! Can you stop being so stubborn?!"

He pushed her away and ran his fingers through his hair. Her hands trembled as she kept glancing at the door, wanting to leave but was hesitant. Doyun held the back of her neck and whispered into her ear, "You'll obey me, right?"

Daeun exhaled heavily and pulled herself together. She stood back up before turning off all the lights. She went into her bedroom and locked the door before plopping herself on the bed.

The new day arrived, greeting the city with a bright sun and blue sky. Sunghoon got out of the shower and went to the kitchen to make some coffee. He tapped his fingers continuously on the kitchen island and blushed when he thought about the kiss again.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. He scowled, "Who on earth would come at this time?"

He walked to the door and opened it. To his surprise, Daeun was grinning at him while holding two cups of coffee, "Good morning!" She exclaimed while barging into his house.

"I didn't say you can–"

"You have a nice house, Sunghoon."

He folded his arms and scoffed, "Sunghoon?"

"If we're going to act like a couple, we can't keep calling each other with formal titles. You can call me Daeun, I'll call you Sunghoon."

He narrowed his eyes at her before taking the coffee cup she was offering. He glanced at the coffee machine in the kitchen and chuckled.

"If we want to fool Doyun, we must practice being sweet to each other. You know, like a real couple."

"But you said we're only doing that in front of him."

She sighed, "I know. But we have to be comfortable with each other. He'll notice something is up when we're awkward."

He watched as she put down her things on the couch and approached him. She grabbed his arm before putting it around her waist, "You do this."

He cleared his throat to hide the blush that was forming on his cheeks. He pulled her closer, "Like this?"

Their faces were too close, she could even hear him breathing. She could even smell his shampoo scent that had a floral scent.

"You're very skilled at this, Sunghoon," she mumbled under her breath before pulling away. They both cleared their throats.

Daeun grabbed her handbag and headed to the entrance door, "I'll see you at school."