04 | Almost like sparks...

"He just has a constant need to piss me off!" I was ranting to Willow about Mason Mount while we were walking to our usual table for lunch. I was going to spill the beans about finally sorta going out with Tyler before she asked me how walking home is going.

"Sounds to me like he has a little crush on you."

I scoffed, "now you're just making shit up. He does this stuff on purpose. If that's how he thinks he can get a woman then he has no hope for the future."

"I'm sure he's not that annoying," she laughed, "you can get annoyed by the littlest thing."

"Trust me, he's undeniably annoying." I said sitting down at our table.

"Who's undeniably annoying?" Sabrina pokes her head up. I internally rolled my eyes for her constant need to snoop into my business. I mean I understand that we're in the same friend group, but it's very clear we don't like each other and sticking her nose into my food only adds to my annoyed state. And If she heard I've spoken to one of the academy players, I'll never hear the end o—

"Some academy player she talks to every time she walks past the training grounds." Willow blurted out. My head jolted towards her direction, eyes wide open. I gave Willow a death glare. "I-I mean—"

"You? You're friends with an academy player? But you don't even like football." Sabrina whined, words laced with jealousy. I looked around to see everyone staring at me now.

"I would never be friends with that arrogant asshole, he just tries to annoy me every time I walk past." I rolled my eyes, "and I don't have to like football to be friends with a footballer, Sabrina." We both sent daggers towards each other. I don't know when we started to dislike each other, I don't even know what I did for her to hate me so much. But if she's going to be a bitch to me I might as well project the same energy.

"That's not even fair! You out of all people get the opportunity to talk to a professional footballer." She pouted.

"Please, he's far from professional. Talk to Mason all you want as long as it makes him leave me the fuck alone."

"Wait? You mean Mason Mount?! The Under 18s captain?!" She slammed her hands on the table and stood up for dramatic effect.

"God even hearing his name gives me a headache." Sabrina's jaw was practically on the floor with her new found information. So what he's the captain? His status won't get him anywhere. There's always going to be someone better out there to take his place.

"How do you even know these people, Sabrina? I only know the people in the senior team." Someone at our table said and I groaned.

I was honestly done with this whole Mason Mount Football talk. People just go on and on repeating the same things all over again like it's something interesting to talk about. I drifted off from the conversation and thought of what happened the day before. After the whole 'I like you let's be something more' interaction with Tyler we decided to go to the diner we always went to after his football matches. We flirted the whole time there and even made out a little— you know, classic teenage cliche crap and I honestly have never been happier. Not only was I finally dating my long term crush, but I, best of all, didn't get to see Mr Arrogant either.

Today Tyler and I didn't have many classes together so we haven't really gotten an opportunity to be alone or even talk to each other. But whenever I notice him down the hall or even now at the table, he doesn't seem to want to make eye contact with me. The most I've gotten today was an accidental glance..I mean- usually a guy would search the entire room for the girl if they liked them so much, right?

I sighed, thinking none of it as I kept staring at him. He was talking to Sabrina about god knows what– probably football but I couldn't be bothered to listen. I tried to make a subtle signal to get his attention but nothing was working. I was about to call his name out when I noticed him leaning closer to her as she laughs at a joke he said.