Epilogue

The citizens of matsya were busy in their daily routine, the Ganesh temple on the bank of yamuna, was equally busy as it was chaturthi. The mild breeze from yamuna was adding to the serenity of the atmosphere. The chaos and buzzing paused for couple of seconds as the chariots of royal family stopped in front of the temple. The palanquin of Vedangi was surrounded by guards and female attendads carrying water. Shvet extended his hand, helping her get down, their eyes met. Vedangi tucked a hair strand behind her ear and winked at him, Shvet pinched inside of her palm playfully and she winced. "Bhabhi? You fine?" Uttara asked immediately, Vedangi just nodded in a yes, pressing her lips together to control smile and walked towards Sudeshna.

"Maharaj, Maharani? Welcome. Come in" the pandit welcomed them all and made them sit on chairs in the temple premises. Vedangi first ran and stood in front of the Ganesha idol, the feeling of peace engulfing her, the familiar peace she felt everytime she visited this temple. Tears brimmed in her eyes,but someone wiped them before they could roll down her cheeks, she knew who it was, HER Shvet. Grins formed on their lips as their eyes met, they had hundreds of memories in this temple, and today they were here to pray to her Sakha for the well being of their soon to be born child. This temple and her Sakha here was a witness of their journey together.

"Ehm...Ehm.." Uttar's fake cough broke their trance, "Mata is calling. She is saying we have to make offerings to the God" . Vedangi slapped her own forehead and walked towards the family like an obedient putravadhu and Shvet followed her. The family stood together in front of the idol and Vedangi recited her favourite 'Mahaganpati stotra' , Sudeshna prayed for her family to stay together forever and the differences between her children and her brother to diminish, if not vanish. "My swamini trusts and worships you a lot, let her and my family get all the happiness they deserve. Let our child be healthy and happy" Shvet too prayed genuinely.

"Maharani, no matter how much you are trying to hide, but the glow on Yuvrani's face is enough to convey us the good news" the pandit's wife said, making Vedangi's cheeks turn crimson. Not only she, Shvet too blushed this time. "May the lord shower his blessings on your child Yuvrani" the lady said giving Prasad to Vedangi. Vedangi was about to eat the prasad, when she saw a small child sitting near the garbhagriha, looking keenly she recognised him. He was the same divine boy, she had met last time, who had called her sakhi and held a divine aura.

She glanced at the prasad in her hand at once and hurried towards the boy, "Sakha!" she called him excited. "Sakhi! You here! Again" he stood up smiling, flaunting his right teeth, that was half broken, resembling to her Sakha Ganesha. "Yes. And that too with a happy news" Vedangi kneeled in front of him and fed him prasad. "I am soon going to be a mother" she whispered in his ears and he wrapped his arms around her in sheer happiness. "Congratulations Sakhi" he said and she kissed his cheeks, "I am jealous of you now" Shvet was standing behind them with mock anger. The little child pulled his down,  hugged them both and kept his hand on their heads, as if blessing them both.
************************************
The royal family was back from the temple and was descending their chariots. Vedangi was missing her natal family the whole time, she just wanted to hug her maa and announce that she was pregnant. "Something was going to come today, did that arrive?" Sudeshna asked her chief handmaid, gesturing towards Vedangi, "Yes maharani, that has arrived and is waiting for you all in Yuvrani's chamber" the maid replied. Shvet and Sudeshna exchanged meaningful glances and Shvet nodded in a yes. Though Vedangi saw and heard all this communication, she acted as if she didn't and continued her conversation with Uttara.

"Come with me" Shvet held her hand and pulled her inside the palace, she opened her mouth to ask but Shvet gestured her to keep quiet, all other family members too followed them. They paused in front of Shvet and Vedangi's chamber, Shvet gestured her to open the door. Hesitating, Vedangi pushed the door open, "Surprise!" the family of Anga cheered, making Vedangi gasp in happiness. Vedangi ran into Supriya's embrace, shedding tears of happiness. "Waah Nanand ji, aap toh humse bhi tej nikli huh!" Maitreyi teased her.

"But Maa, how did you all came here all of a sudden?" Vedangi asked surprised, "Maharani called us, but didn't tell us the reason. You tell why had she called us? Anything special?" Vrushali said, eyeing everyone to stay quiet as she wanted to see the happiness on her daughter's face, while announcing the news of her pregnancy. Vedangi stood besides karna and side hugged him, "Hear everyone. The news is that! Baba is going to be Nanashree soon" she announced smiling ear to ear. Karna glanced at his daughter with all the love he had for her. The way she announced the most happy news of her life, was enough to convey him that he was the person she loved the most.

Karna hugged her and kissed her forehead, "Congratulations!" He mumbled in her ears. Vrushali stood in front of her daughter and cupped her cheeks, her little wonder was going to be a mother. Tears of happiness filled her eyes and the mother daughter shared an emotional hug. Vedangi separated from Vrushali's hug ,side hugged karna and held Shvet from the other side. Understanding her emotions both the families came together and shared a huge group hug, celebrating the arrival of a new member in their families. Seeing both her families together, tears of happiness spilled from Vedangi's eyes, she wiped them without anyone's notice and joined the giggling of her and Shvet's siblings.
************************************
Yeah guys, you'll read it right, this is the epilogue of the first book. First of karna nandini series comes to an end here, the sequel would be published soon, till then keep showering my books with your love.
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here!
Hope you liked reading it, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ✨.
Bye for the time being, would be back with the sequel soon, see yaa! ❤️.