Chapter 13 | I Love You

I got out of the car and Adrian stepped out too and he followed me up to the front door, I don't know why because...I mean I can go inside myself.

Before I could open the door, it swung open and Sorin stood on the other side, his hands folded and jaw clenched and his eyes shooting daggers.

Not at me. But at Adrian.

Adrian gave him a sarcastic smile. "Nice to see you again, Sorin."

Sorin blinked twice as if he couldn't believe who was infront of but then his eyes narrowed at him. "Adrian Grant. Get the fuck out of my house."

What?

"You know each other?" I asked baffled.

"Get in", Sorin said to me.

I was about to take a step in when Adrian wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer. "We are just coming back from shopping, aren't we, Drea?"

"Umm..." I looked between them and Sorin's eyes went down to the two bags in my hand.

"So you come out of hiding and decide to take my wife for shopping?" Sorin took a step closer to him.

This is so similar to what happened with Atlas yesterday.

Adrian shrugged. "When her husband is not doing his job well then I have to step in."

I gaped up at Adrian. Why is he riling him up?

Sorin's body shook with anger. "How the fuck do you know her?" He hissed.

"I'm her best friend." He answered proudly.

B-best friend? Yes, we are close but I never used that term. I never had a best friend. But it sounded good.

"Stay away from her cause all you know is how to run away when things get hard." Sorin gritted his teeth.

Ouch. I don't know what Sorin exactly meant by that but it must have hurt.

The smile faltered from Adrian's face. That must have been something very serious.

"I know how to make up for that." Adrian replied.

"Really?" Sorin mocked. "Didn't see you do that in the past 19 years."

19 years?! What's going on?

"Adrian?" I whispered. "What is going on? Please explain to me."

"Don't worry, Drea. Your husband just has a habit of holding onto the past."

Um...what?

"Like I said, stay away from her." And Sorin grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. The first skin to skin contact we ever had and I almost gasped feeling the warmth of his hand as he held mine firmly, still glaring at Adrian.

Now Adrian's sarcasm and everything else just vanished and his bodyguard mode was on as took a challenging step forward. "Or else what?"

Sorin left my hand and clenched his fists. "You can always find out."

Adrian also folded his palms into fists and I knew this won't end well. I don't know about Sorin but I have seen Adrian train and he is damn strong.

I don't want Sorin to get hurt nor Adrian.

Before Adrian could lift his hand to punch Sorin, I wrapped my palm over his fist and pleaded, "Please, Adrian. Don't."

Adrian looked offended and pouted sadly. "So you love him more now?"

My mouth fell open. "I-I..."

And Sorin pulled me back. "Love? She clearly doesn't love you!"

"Oh, of course she does. Don't you, Drea?" He winked.