[01]

“My lady! Please come back here at once!” Kiyoko shouted in the halls as she ran to chase a woman.

It was a another day at the Matsuoka Residence, The other servants was caught off guard by the sudden commotion. In the residence, In the east hall resides the one and only daughter of the Matsuoka Clan, Y/N.

Born as a noble, Y/N had strict training in etiquette, heiress lessons to be the one of the clan head in the family in the head future along with his brother. “I already told you kiyoko, I don't want any part in this!” The woman shouted as she continued to ran herself way out from her personal maid.

When suddenly she fell in the ground.

“My, you're certainly energetic in the morning.” The voice made her shudder in fear, It was the head mistress of the clan, none other than her mother. “What is this commotion? You ought to get ready we are going to meet your potential fiance candidates.”

You wanted to say no, but you can't. You can't disobey your mother or It will never end up well for you. You lowered your head you have no courage to meet your mother's eyes, growing up you never felt close to her. You always felt distance however she and your brother had a close relationship like a normal mother and son relationship. Truth be told you were envious.

“I know, Mother.” You mumbled, your mom frowned closing her fan she held your chin up with it. “You must remember, You are the first lady of the Matsuoka Clan, If you know any better act like one.” She said as she walked past you, finally your personal maid catched up to you panting.

“My lady! Are you okay? Did the madam scold you again?” Her face full worry you smiled and pat her head, “It's fine.” You look at the distance where your mother has left her back showing as she disappeared. “Lady..”

Your maid felt bad as she saw your face full of sadness, she has been in your side for years and whenever you encounter your mother she saw that longing face you would always wear when you are near her.

“Let's go, Kiyoko.” turning your heel you walked back towards your room again, this time with your proper etiquette, As you arrived in your room you sat down in the chair infront of your mirror while your maid rummage on your closet. “Ah my lady, what do you think of this? Do you want to wear this one or this?” She asked showing you different formal dresses.

You picked whatever was on your mind, Kiyoko started to dress you up when the door knocked then other maids entered to do your make up and your hair.

“You are very pretty, Lady Y/N!” Your maids complimented you, you smile to them in return as they leave you and Kiyoko alone.

“Your suitors will be here soon enough, I wonder if there is someone that could be potentially be your fiance now Lady. It has been a year since your coming of age ceremony but we never saw someone compatible for you.” You nodded in response. “Ah, lady did you know? The vision hunt decree has been abolished by the shogun already!”

Your eyes wandered at the hairclip in your table as you heard the news. “Really?” You touched the clip as you reminded of something about the one who gave it to you. “Apparently the renowned traveler......”

“be on your best behavior, we are going to meet you fiance today.” your mother said you were only nine years old, you nodded in this way maybe your mother will compliment you for being obedient.

as you entered the mansion there you saw him, he was hiding behind his father.

“hello, lady y/n! this is my son..”

Your thoughts was interrupted as your brother barged in your room with a wide grin in his face, “Sister, are you ready?” You were startled but nevertheless you nodded and ruffled his hair, which made him pout. “Hey i just did my hair!” Sure, you envied him because of his relationship with your mother but he was your brother— you can't get angry at him because of a petty reason such as that.

“Just tell me if they are being rude to you, sis i will beat them up!” He said with confidence you only laugh at his silliness. As both of you walked out of your room going to the hall where you would meet your potential fiance.

“Ah, speaking of her! Here is my daughter!” Your father said. You smiled as you sat down. “This is my daughter, Y/N.” The man who you assumed is the father of the man you are supposed to marry laugh. “How pretty! You are a perfect match for my son, This is my son. Kaito.”

You only smiled at them as you nod, you took a glance at the man infront of you he wasn't handsome, nor did he piqued your interest either. “Greetings, I am Y/N the one and only daughter of Matsuoka Clan.”

“My name is Kaito Daisuke, I must say Lady Y/N rumors about you being pretty are not just rumors but the truth!”

Your mother, father and Kaitos parents excused themselves for you and Kaito to have a alone time to talk to each other. Even your brother wasn't allowed to stay either.

Kaito's stare was starting to get uncomfortable but you bear it in. You got your tea, but Kaito's hand stopped yours. “Young Master, Please cease this behavior of yours at once. I am getting so uncomfortable.” You tried to brush his hands off but he didn't budge.

“Please Lady Y/N! Marry me I have been adoring you for nearly a year! I fell inlove when i saw you at your coming of age ceremony by then i started to follow you everywhere and even forced my father to give me this engagement!”

You started to get nervous, “Please let me go!” You shouted but he didn't do it you grab the teacup as you splash the hot tea in his face got up and ran towards your room shutting it out, You heard your parents called out your name but you acted like you didn't hear them.

You were so tired from this, this set up. Being a noble man's daughter that is tied up to marry someone's son that you didn't even love.

You cried eventually you fell asleep.

You heard a knock the moment you woke up as you open your door you were greeted by a slap by your mother. “Look what have you done! You are a disgrace!” She yelled at you.

All you could do was stare at the floor, you hate it when someone raise their voice at you by hearing it you would cry at the spot. “Why can't you be like your brother! All you do is cause trouble you're worthless!” You were in the verge of crying your brother hated seeing you cry. “Stop it mother! It's clear that the guy was wrong not sister!”

“Shut up, Haruto!” Your mother yelled angrily as she left you and your brother alone.

“Sister! Are you alright?” He said hugging you, but you pushed him away. “I'm sorry, haruto but i want to stay alone for now.” You said as you closed the door.

You opened the window as you snuck out from your room, barefoot you started running to God knows where your feet tales you. You looked around to see yourself in Chinju Forest, Sakura Blooms everywhere you got into the river stream as you felt the river with your hands. A sudden urge that your body stood up as you let your body dance in the bright moonlight, not realizing that you are now standing in frozen water.

You let out your emotions through dancing.

It was a hobby, you learned dancing in such a young age for etiquette. As you stopped you noticed glowing thing in the river infront of you, your eyes widened as you picked the thing. It was a cryo vision, Was it for you?

You looked around to see no one around.

“I have a vision now...?”

Unknown to you, a man was leaning on a tree watching you he chuckles. “Interesting.”