[03]

It was another night and you had to go out for dinner with your family you had a bad feeling about it since what kiyoko told you had been in your mind since then.

You will be sold off for a loveless marriage? Is this what your fate really is? As you arrive on the dining hall you saw your brother with a gloom expression when your eyes met he avoided it. “Let's eat.” your mother said.

“Y/N.” your father called out. “Yes father.” Your father and mother glance at each other before your father cleared his throat, “Your marriage partner has been settled, You will be married in a week from now.” Your eyes widened, you expected this somehow but you never expected it to be this soon. Seeing your reaction your mother was quite satisfied from this.

“You are the lady of Matsuoka Clan. Marriage is one of the greatest you could do for our family.” she said, you stood up and yelled. “Shut up!” you screamed angrily which taken your mother by surprise. “Some unfilial daughter you are! How dare you raise your voice against me!” she also stood from her place pointing her finger at you.

“You don't understand anything about me! Shut up! Shut u—” you were slapped by your father, you were taken back by the slap you were used to your mother's but this was the first time your father had slapped you he was always considerate and tolerant towards the both of you.

“You are grounded! Go back to your room and reflect!” you cried as you ran back towards your room. You hurriedly got out of the window as you ran towards your now favourite spot, Chinju Forest. There you cried for a while you felt a presence you look up to see a familiar man you saw earlier. He handed you a handkerchief.

You kindly accepted it.

“Greetings, I apologize if you see me in such state.” He chuckled hearing his voice made you blush. “May i seat beside you.”nodding in response, he sat beside you as he officially introduced himself. “My name is Kamisato Ayato.”

“My name is Y/N Matsuoka, It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.” You said as you let out a small giggle, your voice was a bit hoarse from all of that crying. “May i ask why a beautiful maiden such as you, is crying?” he said.

“You have a very flowery mouth, My lord i bet all the maidens in Inazuma are inlove with you.” You joked that made him also laugh. “Though to answer your question.. I just had an heated argument with my family.” sighing and looking at the stars above you recall what happened earlier.

“I see. And what may that be?”

“Having to sold off to marry someone sounds horrible does it?” You said with a bitter smile, Ayato however frowns at your statement. “You were sold off to marry someone?”

You nodded. “And i don't even know the guy.” That was it, That was ayato's last straw.

“Miss Y/N, I know we just met.”

“You are the Yashiro Commissioner, The head of the Kamisato Clan of course i know you. Even my parents know you.” You told him but what he said next shocked you.

“How about a marriage with me?” He blurted out bluntly which made you confused. “Pardon?” You asked him, he cleared his throat as he fixed his sitting position. “A contract marriage with me.”

Although I just met him but his words doesn't make me uncomfortable, “We marry but we set boundaries.”

“What could you possibly gain from marrying me, a normal noble woman?” He stared at me somehow his stare was giving a familiar feeling.

“To be honest with you, i will gain nothing. But is this not a good deal? You marry me for the sake of not being sold off to others, I marry you and you stand as the wife of Kamisato Ayato in public's eyes.” My lips was completely shut, I was thinking so hard.

His offer was not bad, it wasn't at all. In fact if i do marry him it will be more beneficial to me rather than to him, “I.. I accept.”

Marrying someone from a most influential family in Inazuma is much more better than getting sold off to someone you don't even know. “I hope for our long lasting partnership Lady Y/N.”

“Oh and I will personally invite you to a banquet to celebrate our engagement, Make sure to bring your parents, I'm sure they'll love it.” He said.

You nodded, you stand up as you said your goodbye to him. “I will write some contract rules for you and have Thoma deliver it to your residence please do sign it if you are agreeing to the terms.” He said.

“I shall take my leave now, my lord.” you said waving at him.

“We have all the time in the world, My love.” Ayato said eyes following your back. “Chu.”

“Yes my lord?” a ninja appeared infront of him. “Make sure she gets home safely, Guard her secretly.” Ayato said, looking at the moonlight. “Understood, Lord Ayato.” Chu said as he disappeared in sight.