Chapter 33

Feat. Sasuke's continuously worsening mental health.

Note: I don't actually know if the Yuuei dorms have showers in them, but if not, then they do now.

Sasuke spends the morning feeling like he's about to vibrate out of his skin.

He's twitchy and irritable because he doesn't know what else to do. He's upset with himself, more than anything. He's fully aware that he's purposefully putting off seeing Aizawa and Yamada because they know. Not everything, because he hasn't told them and it would be a pretty outlandish thing to come up with without much context, but still.

Now that he lives on campus, he can walk to the inter-dimensional meetings without needing to be driven, which lets him put off his problems for a little bit longer.

He doesn't even have to walk far, since the meeting is only half an hour after school ends, so Sasuke can just wait in the school and walk over to the meeting room when it's time.

He's a bit early, which is probably a good thing. Or so he thinks.

The guy from before, Sasuke doesn't remember his name, isn't there. Apparently, Sasuke's warning evaporated any interest he had in dimensional travel, which is weird, but Sasuke shrugs it off.

He's standing outside the room scrolling through an article on some scientific theory, when a woman with a serene smile and black hair cut into a bob approaches him.

"Sorry to disturb you." She does not look at all sorry. "But I wanted to apologize on behalf of my colleague. Otani-san has always been... overzealous. We mutually agreed it would be best if he was not present today."

"Ah." He should probably thank her, though he isn't feeling at all grateful, so he doesn't.

Her smile doesn't waver and she doesn't leave. Sasuke, having years of experience with ignoring fangirls, gives her the same treatment. He returns to his phone and doesn't say anything to her.

Of course, she takes this as an invitation to keep talking.

"-which brings me back to our more modern theories behind dimensional travel, but even with all that, we never could've imagined it was so close!" There's a glint in her eyes that wasn't there before. "Perhaps your Chakra is the key that unlocks it all."

"Perhaps." Sasuke says neutrally. "Unfortunately, I am the only person able to wield it without overloading the human nervous system and going into a coma."

She looks like she wants to say something more, but Nezu enters and starts the meeting before she can manage.

~~~

They don't make any breakthroughs in the meeting, not that Sasuke expected them to.

The meeting drags on and Sasuke wonders why he bothered to show up. That is, until they ask for a proper demonstration and in depth explanation. Sasuke isn't a good teacher, not by a longshot, but he figures there's a first for everything.

He stands up and goes to the front of the room, noting how some of the scientists take out notebooks. It's then that he realizes that they're all serious about this. Good.

He begins with the fundamentals. Yin and yang chakra come first because it's often the branch of Chakra that people have the hardest time understanding. The 5 nature releases and their weaknesses are next, along with a jutsu for each of them to explain the application.

It's weird to be explaining this to people who couldn't test it even if they desperately wanted to. The majority of the scientists look fascinated, which is about what Sasuke expected.