021

Flashback

"I have a reputation to keep, young man. And wether you like it or not, things will go the way I want."

"And that's the problem!" The young lad, deprived of sleep, bursts in frustration. His blond hair moves with the rhythm of his body, agitation boiling his blood. "You prioritize your work more than you do your family. Jungkook's only thirteen and you're already dropping a huge load on him."

"You know how this family works, Yoongi-"

"No." The latter cuts him off. He's had enough of his reasons. "This is how you want this family to work. Mom die-"

A sharp glare gets sent his way. "You do not mention her in this household."

"You're pathetic."

"Well if I'm pathetic, why don't you grab your things and leave? You sicken me. "

A moment of silence reigns king. The tension between father and son heightens the more they give each other piercing glares.

"I will then." With that last statement, he leaves the mansion with nothing but a phone.

Jungkook could only watch from a distance as his brother disappears into the night.

End Of Flashback

They assumed he had left the country, joining his uncle who lived in Japan. Little did they know, Yoongi had never left Korea.

The experiences he had gained while he was underneath his father's wings helped him thrive in the real cruel world.

But it was not easy.

It almost costed him his life just to get to where he is now.

"We haven't seen each other for five years and that's the first thing you say uh? In case you forgot, I'm still your brother Jungkook. Show some respect at least."

It's that silent treatment he's given that drives Yoongi to laugh in amusement.

And it's ridiculous how much he's changed after five years. The thirteen year old boy he once knew grew up to became the spitting image of the person he once considered a father.

And no amount of words could describe how much he wants to punch him in the face.

"What? You won't talk? Fine." He leisurely kicks the wheel of his car, nudging a chin at Iseul. "Get out."

The girl does as she's told and Yoongi slides into the driver's seat. He brings the car to life and the moment he disappears, Jungkook snaps at Iseul.

"I thought you were sick. Why the hell were you with him?"

"Cause I knew you'd still tell me to stay at school." She mumbles under her breath. Jungkook grinds his teeth in annoyance.

"So you called him? God Iseul! Out of all people, why him?!"

"Because I miss him, okay!" Tears well up in her eyes as she bursts, unable to hold back anymore. Her heart's beating fast. She's unable to calm her trembling hands. "And you.... Sometimes you scare me."

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from you." She says without looking back.

Just when Jungkook thought today couldn't get any worse, now he has to deal with this mess.

In the midst of this turmoil, he gets a phone call from his father.

"Where are you?"

Whenever he uses that tone, it's never a good thing.

"I'm on my way home. Why?"

"I need you to look up someone for me. Someone by the name of Shin Taemee." Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. For some odd reason, it feels like he's heard that name before. He just can't seem to pinpoint when and where.

"Shin Taemee. " He says absently, barely a whisper. "Can't you have one of your men do it?"

"I wouldn't be ordering you to do this if I got what I wanted."

He pokes the insides of his cheek. "You know I'm gonna need more information than that."

"She's in her late thirties, grew up in Daejeon but moved here during her early teens."

"Seems to me you got all the information you need. What do you need me for?"

"Don't get cocky with me, Jeon Jungkook." Warns the man from the other side. "I need you to get me her location and you better not slack around or so help me."

"Fine." The caller hangs up and Jungkook's left gripping his phone tightly.

A snap afflicts the air. Like someone had stepped on a twig. When he turns around, he finds you standing there with a confused expression on.

He licks the bottom of his lips as he shoves his phone into his pocket. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Just now." The fact that you're avoiding his gaze sends an unsettling feeling down his spine.

"Shouldn't you be at work?"

"My shift's over." You tell him. The silence stretches on for ten seconds before you decide to break the ice. "I... A while ago you mentioned the name Shin Taemee."

So you were eavesdropping.

"What about her?"

"Oh nothing. I was just curious as to why you mentioned her nam-"

"Don't be curious." He cuts her off with a warning tone. "Unless you're related to her, never bring up her name again."

You find yourself staring at a distance before looking him in the eyes. "But what if I am?"

"What?"

"Shin Taemee.... That was my mom's name."