Chapter | 14

The next few days pasted by in a blur. We won the game on Friday, and Drew actually played really well. Saturday was spent with Matthew, Sophi, and Nicole. We ended up just staying home and watching tv all day because we all needed a day to just breath. I didn't miss the worried looks that they all kept shooting me throughout the day though. Then on Sunday we went to youth group and church afterward, I also started my 5th chemo cycle which brings me to lunch on Wednesday.

"So, who's excited about Halloween?" Grayson asked from where he was sitting with Sara, his arm draped around her shoulder while she cuddled into his side.

"Me!!" Asher basically screamed, causing people at the surrounding lunch tables to look up from their food, shooting us strange looks, but Asher didn't seem to notice. "There's a halloween party at Noah's house we should totally go!" He said, while showing the rest of his pizza in his mouth.

Noah was a Senior on the football team. He was also a party animal. If there was a party Noah was there. I would even go
as far as saying you couldn't have a party without Noah there.

"Ooo we should!" Lexi said, an excited look filling her eyes, as she nodded eagerly.

I shook my head at her excited state. I had known Lexi for almost 10 years and even though she looked all sweet and innocent on the outside she was a complete dare devil.

We went to a party at the end of our Freshman year, and while all of us had agreed to stay sober because we were underage she had ended up getting completely wasted within the first hour and danced on a table. Luckily Hailey and Nicole had been able to get her off the table safely, before she could cause a scene or hurt herself.

But that party was not something that I enjoyed and was definitely not something I wanted to do again. Especially since I would be on my last day of chemo on Halloween.

Unfortunately the rest of the table seemed to momentarily forget about that.

Yeah! I'm in if you guys are." Hailey said.

Everyone else nodded, and then all eyes turned to me waiting for my response.

"Umm well—" I started, but didn't get to finish as I felt bile start to rise in my throat, as my stomach lurched.

No, no, no.

Knowing what was about to happen I bolted from the table, making a beeline for the bathroom. I shoved the door open and ran to the first available stall, barely managing to lock the door as I collapsed in front of the toilet, throwing up all my lunch, which wasn't much considering I had only been able to eat a few chips. I vaguely heard the bathroom door open and footsteps approaching, but I felt too sick to care.

When I was finally done I let out a shaky breath, flushing the toilet, before standing on trembling legs, and unlocking the door.

I stepped out of the stall, but didn't make it very far because the floor started shifting and I suddenly felt light headed. Grayson and Asher were by by side in no time, steadying me before I collapsed.

"Hey, you're okay." Grayson said gently as I closed my eyes, willing the world to stop spinning.

We slowly started making our way to the door, but I suddenly stopped as a thought popped into my head. "Wait, is-isn't lunch still going on?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"Yeah. Why?" Asher asked, a look of confusion on his face.

"I don't wanna walk through the cafeteria like this." I groaned, my throat burning from talking.

Grayson looked over at me, concern evident in his eyes. "But Nol you're sick you need to go—"

"Please." I begged, cutting him off. "Can't we just stay in here for a few minutes until lunch is over? Then I promise we can go." I said, the desperation leaking into my voice.