Teddy Bear

Summary: You and Bucky are roommates and according to Sam and Steve, he doesn't listen to anyone and they're confused when he listens to you.
Word Count: 1k

There's a knock on the door and Bucky walks over to open it. Steve and Sam enter the apartment and bro hug Bucky. "Good to see ya Buck," Steve says and Sam smiles.

"Where's your roommate?" Sam asks with a grin as he looks around for you. He meets Bucky's gaze to find him glaring at him. "What?"

"She went out to buy something. No flirting with her," Bucky says sternly as he walks over to the fridge and opens it. "You guys want a beer?" He asks. Both guys nod their heads and thank him when he hands them a beer.

They sit on the couch and Bucky puts on a football game per Sam's request. "Why don't you want me to flirt with her?" Sam asks and Bucky's jaw tightens.

"She's off limits," Bucky says before taking a sip of his beer.

"But why? You won't go for her. You're a player and there's no way she'd want a man that doesn't listen to her. Hell, you don't listen to anyone. You hardly listen to Steve," Sam says.

"I don't care. She's off limits," he repeats.

"Do you like her?" Steve asks as he looks at his best friend who just looks down at his beer and shakes his head. "No I don't like her, but that doesn't mean you can have her Sam."

You open the door and walk in with three bags. "Hey guys," you say as you kick the door close. They all wave and say hello. You walk towards the kitchen and once your out of view, Sam speaks, "Bucky, you're killing me man. You're telling me I can't have any of that. I mean did you see her ass in those jea—"

Before he could finish his sentence, Bucky hit him. "Don't fucking talk about her like that," he says as Sam rubs his chest where he got hit.

A few minutes of silence goes by before Sam speaks again, "Bucky, do you think we could get like chips or something to eat?"

"You know where the food is," Bucky says as he takes a sip of beer. "Never mind then," Sam says.

You walk into the room and all three boys smile at you. "Bucky, I'm hungry," you say.

"There's some left over pizza in the fridge," he says and you walk over to him.

"Can you get some for me please?" You ask.

"Of course doll," Bucky says as he stands up and walks to the kitchen. You sit down in his spot and take a sip of his beer.

Turning your head to the side, you find Sam and Steve staring at you confused. "What?" You ask.

"Nothing," Steve says.

"How'd you do that?" Sam asks.

"Sam drop it," Steve says.

"Do what?" You ask and Sam shakes his head. "Never mind," he says with a smirk.

Bucky comes back with a plate and two slices of pizza on it. "Thank you," you say with a smile as you take the plate from him.

"You couldn't have brought some chips," Sam says with a sigh.

"You can get them yourself," Bucky says.

"James," you say with a frown and he sighs before walking back into the kitchen. Sam lets out a squeal as he shakes Steve back and forth. You assume he's just excited to get some chips.

"I have an idea," he whispers to Steve who looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

Bucky walks back in the room with a bag of chips in one hand and a beer in the other since you stole his. He places the chips on the coffee table in sits in the arm chair.

"Y/n," Sam says as he scoots really close to you until he's pressed against your side. "Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asks.

"Sam," Bucky says in a warning tone.

"Yea a few people have," you say. Sam chuckles and looks at you. "Well, let me get added to that list cause damn girl—"

"Alright you're off the couch," Bucky says as he stands up and forces Sam up. "What are you doing?" He asks.

"You've lost your privilege to sit next to her," Bucky says as he sits him in the arm chair before sitting next to you.

You smile at him and rest your head on his shoulder. "How was work today?" He asks and you scoff and turn your head into his chest. "That bad huh?" He asks with a huff.

"It's all Will's fault," you say.

"My offer still stands," Bucky says. You giggle and look up at him. He leans his head down so he can look at you and smile.

"What offer? And who's Will?" Sam asks.

"My asshole of an ex who's trying to persuade me into getting back together with him. Bucky's offered to beat him up and throw him in a dumpster, but I don't think that's necessary," you say.

"I do," Bucky scoffs and you pat his chest.

"Moral of the story, don't date coworkers," you say.

"Guess it's a good thing you and I don't work together than, y/n," Sam says.

Bucky turns to look at him. "Flirt with her again and I'll kick you out," he says and your roll your eyes.

"Jeez Bucky. So mean," Sam says.

"Bucky's not mean. He's like a teddy bear," you say. Steve and Sam both break out laughing as Bucky clenches his jaw in annoyance. "I am not like a teddy bear," he says.

"Yes you are," you say as you squish his cheeks with your hand. He grabs your wrist and pulls your hand away from his face. "I am not," he says sternly.

You frown and he can't stand how upset you look. Even though Steve and Sam will laugh at him for this. He goes along with it. "I'm a teddy bear," he says with a sigh.

The laugh that leaves your lips warms his heart and you lean your head back on his chest. Steve and Sam continue to tease and laugh at Bucky, but he doesn't care. He made you happy and that's all that matters.