Five

April 13th

When I woke early in the morning I stood at my window, the sun shone through the curtains and when I ripped them open my eyes started to burn. Like, I swear I saw steam coming from my eyes.

"Agh" I squint them shut but slowly open them to see the outside world, well. Milo's window. Oh and there he was, sat on the end of his bed so I could see his right side as he stared in front of him.

Why am I watching him anyway, I just wanted to know if the weather was going to be good today to see if I could spend it outside. My parents were out with their friends last night and clearly spent the night there.

Which I should be grateful for anyway.

He turns his head to the side and his face instantly morphs into a huge smile, one which makes me want to punch off. He stands up and waves at me slightly, looking awkward and shy as he wears a baggy hoodie and that stupid beanie.

That boy has no fashion sense.

My face is blank as I close the curtains shut and get changed for the day before heading downstairs. I eat my breakfast that the maid had made and laugh in her face when she asks if I liked it.

It was mediocre, what else can you say about breakfast anyway?

I was correct when I found no parent in sight, they do most things together. They've been married for some time now and they're only in their mid 30's. It was an arranged marriage to combine more wealth, my father didn't want to marry my mum because he had a partner at the time- i only know this because my mother brings it up in their arguments.

I don't know the person he dated before but from what I heard he loved them, and so he hated mother at first for breaking the two apart.

And now he's in a marriage that I don't think either of them like, they act more like close friends than anything. I've never even seen them kiss, it's odd to have married parents when they act anything but.

Married and to be honest parents, well, good ones anyway.

I guess as the marriage went on and they had me they became friends, but there clearly was no romance so I don't know why they don't just split up.

Enough about them, I go outside into my garden and stretch. My white shirt sliding up as I do so, I'm wearing shorts because it's excruciatingly warm. Which is strange for april, especially strange for England but Newhill seems to get all the best weathers.

We've never had snow.

I lay on the broken sunbed for an hour or so, soaking in the sun. Still haven't got my tan. It'd be nice to be tanned like Milo, but that's probably because of his mother's background.

I heard an accent when we went over to theirs for dinner, she's probably from Spain or somewhere like that.

I almost curse myself for thinking about him because as soon as I do he appears (well his stupid mut), I seriously think I'm magic sometimes.

"Shoo" I wave my hands about like a maniac, trying to get the ugly thing away when it jumps down and toddles its way to me. If it even thinks about attacking the sunbed again I'm going to drown it in the swimming pool.

"Get lost" i tell her, as i stand i see Milo rush into the garden and I roll my eyes when he speeds to her and picks her up lovingly. He acts like it's a baby and not a freaking dog.

"Hello cutie" I smile fakley to him, "hi" his eyes snap to mine and he blinks before chuckling with a dorky toothed smile.

"Sure, you too" he looks back to Lily which I'm thankful for because then he wouldn't see the blush coating my cheeks. I was just playing around, he didn't have to make it awkward.