11.Shower

[Y/N] POV

"Ugh.." You groaned as you rolled around in the bed.
"Which room am I in?" The bedsheets were a light gray, different than the purple in Scaramouche room. Someone had changed you into your night clothes and you were back in the guest room.

You were hungover and a throbbing pain was filling your head. Memories of the bar began to replay in your mind. Some were clearer than others and you remember becoming so drunk that you ended up slouching on the table. The rest was a sort of blur but you remember Scaramouche carrying you back.

"That was a wild night."

A knock came at the door. Hesitant to get up you laid there for a second hoping the person would just leave. To your dismay the knocks kept going. You got up and grudgingly walked to the door. You were hoping to a certain man knocking at your door. To your disappointment it was a fatui agent.

"The Tsaritsa requests your presence at the throne room in an hour." They handed you your fatui uniform. "Lord Scaramouche requested for this to be washed."

Your eyes opened a little bit more. You nodded and the agent was sent away. 'The Tsaritsa wants me in an hour and I'm hungover. Great start to the day'

You opened the door to your right to find yourself standing in a lavish bathroom. There was a safe in the closet and towels hung up nicely. The fatui base never lacked, even with guests. You placed the night clothes in the laundry and locked your vision inside the safe. Turning on the shower you set it to a nice, hot temperature. It was much better than the showers you would normally take at home.

You began shampoo your hair and do what you normally did. You made a mental list of things to do, starting off with getting a carrier bird to bring your letter to marjorie.

"Their soaps smell nice." Reading the bottle you found out what the shampoo you chose was called Sakura Bloom. Continuing on you hummed softly, but a small creak was heard from your door. The footsteps made their way to the shower and the curtain was pulled to the side.

"Scaramouche!" you shouted. "What are you doing?" You tried your best to cover yourself, but to no avail.

"Joining you in the shower." He placed his outfit to the side before he put one foot in.

"This is embarrassing, leave!"

"Oh come on, you're acting as if I didn't fuck your asshole less than 24 hours ago." The harbinger said as he rolled his eyes. He stepped in and simply began showering. "Besides we have to get ready for the Tsaritsa."

There was no way you could get him out of the shower if you tried. After some thinking you responded, "...Fine."

You took a peaceful shower despite you feeling the harbingers eyes wander across your body, looking at... provocative places. The silence was broken by the harbinger.

"[Y/N] question."

"Hm?"

The inazuman snaked his arms around you. Your back was against him and the two of you stood there in an embrace. "I wanted to ask-" he stopped mid sentence. An awkward silence was in the air with only the water's sound remaining.

"well?"

Letting go of your waist he backed away. "What shampoo did you use?"

Scaramouche POV

He snaked his arms around you. "I wanted to ask-" he spoke. His younger felt stuck and his mouth just hung there as if his vocal chords were tied. 'I wanted to ask you about what I mean to you. If you love me like I do' These words were as clear as the day in his mind, why wouldn't they come out?

"well?"

He backed away feeling defeated. "What shampoo did you use?"

"I think it was called Sakura Bloom. I kind of like it."

"I like that smell. It reminds me of Inazuma. I'll task someone with going out and ordering more of that."

"You sure?"

"Yes, now come on we've been in the shower for a while."

"I'll stay in here for just a little bit longer." The shower was warm and very comfortable.

"Alright, don't take too long."

The Balladeer wrapped the towel around his waist and grabbed his clothes as he walked to the bedroom to change.

'Stupid, stupid, stupid! Are you kidding me how hard is it to say some dumb words? You spend hours Scaramouche, hours, asking whatever you please of soldiers why can't you do the same for this one?'

The problem was that [Y/N] wasn't just a soldier. She meant more to him than that. He would do anything for her. Anything for her love. He'll kill just to be the one she loves. 'There's no time for this. I'll wait for her at the throne room'

[Y/N] POV

As you stepped out of the shower you dried yourself off and dressed in your skirmisher outfit, placed on your jacket, and fixed your hair.

Going back to the bathroom you unlocked the safe and placed the vision around your neck. Running your fingers along the chain you remembered your mothers words. Now they would be on their way to Mondstadt, you hoped for their journey to be safe.

You lied down on your bed and heaved a sigh. "Does he always run off like that?" Checking the time you saw that you had 10 minutes to report to the throne room.  You stood up and grabbed your hammer and placed on your boots.

Walking through the halls you reached the throne room. Taking a deep breath in you knocked on the door. Two servants opened the door and you immediately walked in and went on one knee. "Your majesty."  You kept your head down facing the floor.
"You will be stationed with Scaramouche effective immediately." She turned her head to the harbinger.

"Starting today I will be your commander." He spoke, his voice was lined with malice, almost as if he despised you. At the moment he was treating you just like any lowly soldier.

"I expect great things from you. Do not fail." The Tsaritsa spoke.

"Yes your majesty." you responded.

"You are dismissed. Go with the Balladeer."

You looked up at Scaramouche. His glare was cold, a contrast to what the two of you would normally act with each other. 'What's up with his mood swings?' You nodded at him and without a second glance he began to walk out of the throne room, beckoning for you to go with him. You stood up and walked behind him exiting the room with your newfound commander.

1115 words.

Yoooo tysm

Yoooo tysm. It did drop from this but idc that's crazy. Hopefully this doesn't flop, have a nice day!