You Get Stuck in the Maze at Night

Thomas Imagine:
Warning: None
Word Count: 430 words
Quick A/N: So, I'm rewriting everything now! Slow process, but I'm still doing it! Also, sorry to everyone who really wants me to post new stuff instead of rewriting the old.

They stood outside of the Maze, peering into it through the open, large, stone Doors. He was waiting for [Y/N] to come back from her work that day. Various other Gladers stood along side him, including Newt and Chuck, who stood on either side of him. He couldn't help but pace back and forth, worried that something awful had happened to the girl her loved.

She had gone out at her normal time, accompanied by the Leader, Alby. Thomas had tried to prevent her from going, but she insisted it was her job and since Minho was sick, she had to step up in order to do her part.

The Doors started to close and finally she was in sight. Something was off, however. The girl was dragging Alby by his arms, trying to get to the Doors in time.

"Come on, [Y/N]!" He yelled. Other Gladers began to cheer for her as well. He heard Gally yell for her to leave Alby there, but Thomas watched as she ignored the command.

The Doors began to close, and several thoughts circled his mind.

"Run into the Maze and help her! Don't just stand there and helplessly watch! Do something!"

[Y/N] was too far away to make it. The Doors were almost inches apart. He watched as she continued to drag the unconscious Leader towards the closing Doors. She dropped his arms, and held eye contact with Thomas. Tears brimmed her eyes.

"I'm sorry," She spoke, though he could only barely make out her words. The Doors shut, leaving the last image Thomas would ever have of his love to be her, about to cry, trapped on the other side of the Walls.

He simply stood there, continuing to stare at the closed Doors.

"Tommy," Newt had started. He place a hand on Thomas's shoulder, trying to comfort him. "She's a tough one. She'll make it back here."

"She's still out there. No one was with her besides Alby, and I don't think he's going to be much help," Thomas responded, his gaze still at the Doors.

"You have to have hope," Chuck spoke, looking up at Thomas. "[Y/N]'s been here a while."

"But she's out there with Grievers!" Thomas yelled. "Newt, you even told me no one survives a night in the Maze."

Both of his friends remained quiet. Other Gladers had left where they stood, and headed towards their hammocks where they would sleep for the night. Thomas continued to stand still by the Doors, in hopes that [Y/N] would return safely.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Newt Imagine:
Warning: None
Word Count: 360 words

[Y/N] should have been back. It was almost sun down and Newt had ceased to see her return to the Glade yet.

He had warned her that being a Runner isn't a safe thing to do, yet she continued to ask Minho and eventually had accepted her request.

"Newt? You okay?" Thomas asked. The blonde had been standing by the Doors for at least a half an hour, looking inside the dark Maze entrance.

"No," He shook his head. "[Y/N] should have been back by now."

"She'll make it," Thomas replied. "Don't worry."

Perhaps the new Greenie was right. The Keeper had gone with her, and he hadn't returned either. Maybe they had found something? Minho came running out of the Maze, stopping just in front of the Doors.

"She beat me back here, I assume," Minho spoke. His hands rested on his knees, as he looked up to Newt.

"Minho," Newt ran his hand through his hair. "Please tell me that's a bloody joke,"

The Keeper stood up, hands on his hips. He went silent, looking from Newt to Thomas. Thomas glanced at Newt, then to Minho, and once again back to Newt.

"What the bloody hell!" Newt shouted.

"I looked at my watch and it was time the Doors were closing! I said we had to get back and she said "Race ya!" We got separated, I guess." Minho responded, his voice getting quieter towards the end.

"I told her being a Runner is too dangerous," Newt shook his head.

"The Doors aren't closing yet. She's probably just about here." Minho spoke.

The trio stared into the Maze. She had to come back now, but then the Doors started to close.

"I have to go find her!" Newt yelled, trying to run through the Doors. Thomas grabbed his arm, and Newt struggled.

"Tommy! Let go of my arm! I have to find her!" He yelled.

"Newt-" Thomas started, still holding his friend back.

"Let go of my bloody arm! I have to find her now!" Newt shouted, yanking his arm from Thomas's grasp.

He turned to sprint through the Doors, but they were already closed.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Minho Imagine:
Warning: None
Word Count: 317 words

The Keeper of the Runners turned a corner, writing down notes about the section he was exploring. Taking a glance at his watch, seeing that the Doors were about to close. He ran back toward the Glade, making sure he didn't wake up any Grievers along the way. He had to admit it: he wanted to see [Y/N].

As he dashed through the Doors, he noticed that it was just before they were closing. Newt and Thomas held a conversation and when Minho walked over to them, they went quiet. Newt was biting his lip and Thomas was running his hand through his hair.

"What? Something wrong?" Minho asked.

"Did you come back with [Y/N]?" Newt asked.

"No," This confused Minho. There was no way this was good. "She stayed here, remember?"

"Minho...she..." Newt started, giving a glance at Thomas.

"What did she do?" He inquired.

"She may have run into the Maze..." Thomas said, looking towards the ground.

"Why the shuck would she do that?" He responded. Although he sounded angry, he was only filled with worry.

"She said you promised her that you would be back before the West side Doors closed." Newt said.

"So your saying its my fault. Thanks. You make me feel so much better." He sarcastically responded, rolling his eyes.

"Doors aren't closed yet. She could be back any second." Thomas said.

"Yeah, Thomas. You think in 30 seconds she-" Minho started.

Loud gears from the Doors singled that they were closing. Quickly spinning around to face them, he panicked.

"Shuck. Please tell me she's hiding in the Homestead. Please tell me that," He said, panicking.

"Minho, she left to find you. But she'll come back. I promise," Newt responded. They watched as the Doors closed.

"She'll be fine, Minho. We promise. She's tough," Thomas spoke.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," The Keeper said, walking away.