Ten.

"How is the writing coming?" Lina asked.

"So far I think it's going. . . well," Auden finished lamely. She was getting ready to go to her first ever recording session with Jimin.

Linda had called her for an update and Auden struggled to decide if she should give Lina the details of her and Jimin's little arrangement. In the end, she decided against telling Lina.

"How are you liking the artist you are working with?" Lina knew she couldn't ask Auden specifics.

"Fine, I guess. The artist is definitely. . . interesting," Auden said, unable to find words really to describe Jimin without going into deep detail on his dozens of different filters he displayed.

"Talented?" Linda asked.

"No doubt," Auden assured her.

"Easy to work with?"

"Easy isn't really a word I would use," Auden admitted and Lina chuckled.

"You can handle it, Auden. You were made for this."

"Thanks, Lina," Auden said, genuinely grateful for her vote of confidence. She didn't know what to expect when she went to the studio today. She'd never recorded outside of Slowave.

"I can't wait to see what you come up with. Keep me posted," Lina said, already sounding distracted on the other line. She probably had a heavier workload now that Auden was gone.

"See you," Auden said, and Lina hung up the phone.

Auden sighed and put her phone down on the vanity then finished applying her makeup.

They would be recording in a private studio downtown somewhere. Auden didn't know exactly where because they were trying to keep Jimin's whereabouts private.

She threw on one of her hoodies and headed out the door to meet the guards at the front steps. An escalade was already outside, idling patiently by the curb.

One of the bodyguards opened the door for her and she climbed inside.

She wasn't expecting another person to already be sitting there, waiting.

Auden jumped a little upon seeing Jimin sitting in the seat next to hers, tapping away on his phone.

"Oh, it's you," Auden's heart rate steadied a little as she buckled her seatbelt and the car started to pull away from the apartment.

"Who else would it be?" Jimin asked, looking up with a smirk already playing on his lips.

He was wearing his green contacts that day, the same ones she'd seen on the poster in Emmie's room. A black beanie adorned his head and little cross earrings she'd never seen before dangled from his ears.

Also the car smelled like him. It was a fresh smelling cologne that Auden could swear had hints of vanilla in it.

She hated to admit that it wasn't at all unpleasant.

"I just didn't expect to be driving together," Auden said, crossing her arms over her chest as if to protect herself from the effect he was having on her.

Jimin gave her a small smile before looking back to his phone. Her heart did this little jump in her chest and she physically reached up to touch her chest as if to stop the sensation.

They arrived about twenty minutes later, pulling up to a brick building down what appeared to be a normal alleyway. Then Auden noticed a sign that was cracked and peeling that read Despo Studios.

The guards got out first, and when they deemed the coast clear they opened the door and escorted Jimin inside. Another guard was kind enough to lend her a hand as she stepped out and followed after Jimin.