A Glader Attacks You

Thomas Imagine:
Warning: None
Word Count: 781 words
Quick A/N: This one was originally "Ben Attacks You" but it was trash (as most of my earlier works were) so I decided to change it to something less trashy! Still kinda the same context though.

She worked in the fields amongst other Track-Hoes while her romantic interest roamed outside of the Glade, memorizing the patterns of the deadly Maze. She worked with Newt, one of her dearest friends, along with Zart, the Keeper of the Track-Hoes. She didn't care for gardening, but occasionally she wouldn't have to and only have to carry out various chores throughout the day.

Today was one of those days. After trying almost effortlessly to come up with crazy ways to get out of the Maze, a slightly annoyed and tired Newt told [Y/N] to get some fertilizer for the growing tomatoes. She had wandered through the forest, searching for fertile dirt while carrying a wooden bucket. Along the way, she hummed a tune that seemed familiar to her, but she didn't know where it was from.

Once she reached the fairly large patch of dirt, she began to scoop some up with the small shovel and dropped it into the bucket below her small hands.

"You," She heard. Alarmed, she looked up, only to see a rather pale Ben standing before her.

"Ben?" She questioned, halting her current task in order to take a good long look at the sick boy's features. Blood shot eyes, pale face, sweating body. "I thought you were resting in the Homestead?"

"I remember you and your Thomas," He remained standing, eyes never leaving [Y/N]'s body, not even answering her question. She stood up, still holding the bucket.

"Ben, you need to go back to the Homestead to get some rest. You look like klunk," She spoke. The boy refused to move.

"You were there," He spoke quietly, then his voice grew. "You both were there!"

As if something had snapped inside of him, Ben launched himself towards the girl. She fell, dropping the bucket, and Ben pinned her down violently. He kept repeating the same phrase over and over again. [Y/N] was terrified and glanced around to see if anything could possibly restrain Ben's grasp ahold of her for even just a few moments to allow her to escape. Finding a rock that rest a little bit far from her reach, she figured if she stretched her arms in order to retrieve it, it would have to do.

Her plan worked, and even though she didn't want to hurt Ben even more than he was, she had no choice. His fingers clawed against her skin and, wincing in pain, she hit the rock against his head. She was able to get out from beneath him, and then sprinted to the best of her abilities towards the fields.

She didn't know what to do, what to say, so she called for the first two people that came to mind: her lover and her best friend. Once she did so, she almost regretted her decision. Her lover, Thomas, would not be present in the Glade for a while now, and her best friend, Newt, might be off helping the leader for all she knew. As the clearing came into her sight, Ben's loud stomps sounded closer behind her.

She didn't dare to look because the last thing she wanted to see was Ben's clammy face. Newt was still at the fields, working away. [Y/N] called his name once again, and he looked up. She couldn't catch his reaction, however, and instead was pulled down by her ankles. Ben, his hands gripping tightly onto her body which lay on the ground, adjusted himself so he could look in her fearing eyes.

"You're going to pay," He spoke. "You're going to pay for all of us." His hands removed themselves from her hips and were placed onto her neck, where he began to squeeze. She tried to call out for Newt, but not even a squeak away released from her throat. Her hands panicky went to her neck, where her nails dug into Ben's skin. He didn't budge.