3. A Strange Lunch

"This is your home?!"

Lizzie gaped at the colorful palace that stood before her. Shades from the whole entire rainbow and more; it was truly mesmerizing.

"Yep! The one and only Metral Mezalian Palace," Joel said proudly, holding his hand out to the tall building. Greens and blues, yellow, orange, red, pink, purple and so much more! Lizzie could feel her jaw hanging open as she stared.

"It's beautiful.." She muttered in pure awe. Joel smiled as she watched her, and he could've sworn he saw her eyes sparkle in amazement. He felt like he was smiling like a doofus, but couldn't help it. It felt like he was falling in love with her all over again. With this whole ordeal, maybe that's how it had to be.

He snapped himself out of his trance, bringing himself back to reality. "Yeah, well, it's just as good on the inside!" He exclaimed, taking her hand and bringing her to the grand entrance, and then inside the great, big halls.

Patterns of all sorts filled the floor, and flowering Azalea bushes lined the walls. The same bright terracotta filled the room, the colors so vibrant that they could practically brighten your day. Lizzie just seemed even more amazed, and even more shocked as Joel led her through the hall that lead up to the throne room, and then the surrounding area.

The throne, matching the rest of Mezalea, was super grand. Sparkling gold and bright terracotta accents that matched Joel's outfit and crown. Sheesh, this is a rich kingdom. Is what Lizzie thought— all that she could, really. She was actually speechless. A term that she once thought was pretty idiotic.

"That good, hm?" Joel said cockily, which Lizzie ignored; practically stunned by the beauty. "Yeah," She muttered, blind to the attitude in his voice. Joel chuckled.

"Anyways," He started, bringing Lizzie's attention to him. "It's still technically morning, so I can have the chefs prepare a, what did Jimmy call it? Oh- brunch!"

"Jimmy?" Lizzie tilted her head in confusion, the name being too familiar for her not to ignore. Joel blinked in surprise, but quickly changed his demeanor. "Yeah— the, uh, ruler of the Cod Empire." He replied in more of a question, trying to see if Lizzie would remember atleast a tad.

"Hm, a whole empire based around cod!" She laughed a little. "Anywho! This brunch thing sounds good," She said when she realizing how hungry she was. "It is!" Joel exclaimed.

Joel led Lizzie to the long dining hall, and sat her down in a seat right next to his. "I'm gonna go talk to the chefs. I'll be right back!" He told her, before walking off to a room next to the dining hall.

Lizzie looked at her surroundings. It was simple, but not at the same time. There were big potted plants around the walls, and a big glass window that let the sun in and fill the room with light, all while broadcasting a wonderful veiw of the ocean. On the wall opposite of the window, was a rather large portrait of the king himself. Other knickknacks on shelves and small tables filled the room.

"Alright, I'm back!" Joel declared as he walked to his seat. "It should only take about twenty minutes for the food to be prepared and served." He explained, clasping his gloved hands together. "In the meantime, wanna chat a little? I'll be honest, I'm still a little confused about this whole situation." He confessed.

"Sure, but I'm probably just as confused as you," Lizzie replied with a small laugh in her talk. "Well, it's better than nothing. What do you remember?"

"Mm," She thought. "I remember.. the Prisma Palace?" Joel gestured for her to continue. "I'm not really sure.. yours and Jimmy's name sounds really familiar, because I'm bad at remembering names. Well, I probably am. Er, I guess that's it?"