Chapter 12

"Lady Emily?" A voice asked.

"Oh, just let her sleep, Chelsea," another voice whispered.

"Lady Emily, it's nine o'clock," the voice spoke again.

I sat up.

"What?" I mumbled.

As I opened my eyes, I saw Chelsea and Karen standing before me. Chelsea was placing a dress into the closest and Karen was washing her hands.

"Oh, Lady Emily! You're up," Karen smiled.

"Yeah... What time is it," I fell back down on my bed and flipped over.

"9:18," Chelsea looked at the watch on her wrist.

"Better get ready and go down for breakfast. You don't want to miss it," Karen piped.

As much as I didn't want to get up, breakfast would be over at ten and I was hungry. I sluggishly got up and walked over to the vanity.

Karen worked on putting makeup on my face and as she did that I woke up a little bit. Chelsea also worked on pining my hair up into a lose bun as well.

I looked into the mirror. This what I know myself as now. With makeup on my face and my hair all fancy. Seeing myself plain seemed foreign.

Karen went to close the curtains.

"Alright. Up," Chelsea directed me to stand.

They stripped me of my nightgown and placed me into a flowing gown. It was almost like the one Amity wore to the dinner, except mine was a royal blue color.

Amity.

I didn't even have to be reminded she was gone. I could feel her lack of presence.

"Amity's gone?" I whispered as I slid on sandals.

"Yes, she left this morning. I am so sorry," Karen frowned at me.

I puffed air out of my cheeks and looked in the mirror.

"Alright... I'm going to breakfast. I'll see you guys later. I actually might stop into the ladies room before I come back." I looked back at them.

"Alright."

"Have fun."

I walked out.

I looked down at my feet as I walked in the hallway and stared at the way my dress flew with every step I took. But suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Oh!" I cried.

"Oh, Lady Emily, I was just making my way to your room." The tall man spoke.

"Yes?"

"I have a letter from your family addressed to you," he handed me a white envelope.

"Really? My maids just mailed my letter to them yesterday. It got there already?" I asked, curiously staring at the letter.

"Oh, well I don't know about that, but if you did send something I'm sure it would of got to them by now. We have fast delivery services here at the palace," he explained.

I just walked away with my eyebrows arched. The only thing I want to do is open this letter. I would be wasting time if I sat there to talk to him.

I walked into the dinning room and sat down. Kathleen and Florida were already sitting down and eating waffles.

"Good morning, Lady Emily," another man greeted me, "would you like waffles or french toast this morning?" He smiled at me.

"Um, french toast would be nice," I looked up at him.