Chapter 7 Part 1: Lost In Languages

3rd POV

ı ʞnoʍ ʎon ɔɐn ɥǝɐɹ ɯǝ...

dlǝɐsǝ, ı'ɯ so ɔold

ɟınd ɯǝ ın ʇɥ-

  (Y/n) shot out of slumber as a feeling of deja vu hit her like a brick. "Yesterday was a mess," she says as she looks at her bandaged chest.

  She hasn't told anyone that she was injured, she kept that to herself.

  (Y/n) picks up the pendant from the desk and stares at it, "what even is this thing really? I feel as though it's going to be some cliche cursed object or something... I swear, if it is, I'm throwing this out to boiling sea where it belongs.... Now I'm talking to myself."

  (Y/n) puts on a dark grey crop top and her favorite (F/c) hoodie.

  "Good morning!" Hooty exclaims, startling (Y/n).

  "Aah! Hooty! Please, don't scare me like that," (Y/n) says as she clips on the pendant.

  "I'm sorry (N/n), but Eda instructed me to make sure your up on schedule time," Hooty says as (Y/n) gives him head pats.

  "That's understandable, I did slept in yesterday," (Y/n) says as Hooty departs out the window.

  (Y/n) walks down stairs to see Luz reading King one of her Azura books again.

  "Azura! Hecate began, "our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking, an alley." Luz sighs before noticing (Y/n). "Oh, morning (Y/n)! Are you feeling better than yesterday?"

  "Yeah, much better," (Y/n) smiles. "Yesterday was something else right?"

  Luz nods before King whines, "enough with the what happened yesterday, keep reading!  I've been sucked in by your awful fandom," King's tail wags as he received back scratches from (Y/n).

  "Okay, "suddenly, the door swung open," Luz began before the door opens on cue.

  "Ding dong ding! Hoot hoot!" Hooty exclaims as King panics.

  "The book has come to life! Burn it!" King demanded as (Y/n) aproched outside to see a basket at her feet.

  "Eda! You got a package," (Y/n) says as she places the basket on the kitchen table.

  "It looks like a gift basket," Luz commented as Eda smirks.

  "Probably an offering," Eda sighs. "Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks.'

  However when King takes the cloth, instead of what the four thought was food, it was a baby, sleeping soundly.

  "Mm, fresh meat," King rubs his hands.

  "Nope, we're not eating that," (Y/n) says as she and Luz went half way out of the kitchen.

  "Witches eating babies is so 1693," Eda deadpans. "What is this?"

  King picks up a note attached to the basket. "There's a note: take care of my child til morning. Yi Yi."

  "Nope," Eda denied. "Babies are awful, not happening."