Chapter 24: The Reunion Special (Segment 4)

The Reunion Special (Segment 4)

BODIES OF WATER
S1 E30 - Reunion Special
Close Captioned • Recorded Live

*COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT OF TELEVISION BROADCAST*

[Studio audience applauds. Cora and Jamie are seated onstage on a couch, with host Danna Morton standing opposite.]

HOST: Tell us, Jamie. Of all the games and challenges you and Cora took part in, which one was your favorite?

JAMIE: That's easy.

CORA: Which one?

JAMIE: Can't you guess?

CORA: [Shakes head]

JAMIE [To host]: You see? She still doesn't know a thing about me.

CORA: Ugh. No, I know the answer.

HOST: Would either of you care to enlighten the rest of us? Any time now, you two.

JAMIE: Isn't it obvious. Fact or Fake of course!

CORA: Fact. [Covers her face with her hands]

JAMIE: [Puts his arm around her, laughing] Go on then, Danna. Roll the clip!

[Fade in to a wide shot of Jamie and Cora seated on a pair of platforms, suspended above a large tank of water. A banner above them says the name of the game: Fact or Fake.]

CORA: [Looks at the water nervously] I bet Camilla-the-beach-babe loves the water. Are you sure you don't want to switch partners?

JAMIE: That wouldn't be very gentlemanly, would it?

CORA: Oh sure. I've noticed you're only chivalrous when it serves your purposes.

JAMIE: Quite. Would you like to hear the rules now?

CORA: The rules of chivalry?

JAMIE: The rules of this game!

CORA: Why are you in charge of the rules?

JAMIE: Because I have all the power in this relationship. Remember?

CORA: No, and I don't remember this [points back and forth between them] being a relationship.

JAMIE: Situationship. I stand corrected. Right then. [He clears his throat and reads off a large white card.] We each have a pile of cards. Each one contains a fact about ourselves and our lives outside this show, based on things we've said and information we provided in our bios during casting. We will take turns reading cards aloud to one another. However, we have the option of ignoring what the card says and inventing a lie instead. Then the other person has to guess: Fact or Fake.

CORA: And if we guess wrong? Dare I ask?

JAMIE: First one to three wrong answers goes for a swim in the tank. Ready?

CORA: No.

JAMIE: Go on. Ladies first.

CORA: [Picks up her first card and reads] I was born and lived most of my life in New York City.

JAMIE: Fact.

CORA: Too easy!

JAMIE: Now, now. Don't be a poor sport. [Picks up card, raises one eyebrow as he reads] My last name may not be Bond, but my father was once employed by the British intelligence service.

CORA:[Laughs] Fake. You'll have to be a little more convincing than that.

JAMIE: [Turns the card to show her] Sorry, love. That's one wrong answer for you.