Chapter 20

"Mhm," A voice broke out as Kazuma's eyes turned towards the woman in the bed, his hand going towards her cheek.

"Karin" Kazuma muttered stroking her cheek as her eyes opened to see his face, her smile smiling brightly at seeing the man.

"Kazuma" Karin muttered her face going further into his hand as he smiled softly before the woman sat up on the bed while Kazuma handed her a glass of water.

"What happened?" Karin muttered before her eyes widened further "Kyo! Akito! I have to go" Karin said as she began to get up from the bed

"Karin, Calm down," Kazuma said placing his hands on her shoulder and pushing her back down as Karin's eyes fell on him looking confused.

"There is a lot I need to tell you, about what happened," Kazuma said while Karin looked towards him in confusion tilting her head.

"What?! Is Tohru going to be okay? Has anyone heard from Kyo" Karin shouted as now she stood from her bed, walking round and round the room as Kazuma stood with a calm face?

"Tohru is okay and I haven't seen Kyo," Kazuma said looking at dmaids'own with a frown as Karin stopped and looked towards him.

"He, He is probably blaming himself. I need to see him!" Karin shouted running towards the door before she stopped and gasped

'I needed you to be a mother to me'

"No," Karin said stopped before she looked back towards her husband with a concerned expression on her face before she smiled "I need to go and fix something," Karin said running and kissing him on the cheek before running off.

"That is why I love you" Kazuma smiled widely

"Is Akito here?" Karin asked walking towards the main house as the head maids' eyes widened on seeing the women while Hatori's eyes were also wide.

"Karin" Hatori said while Karin simple nodded towards the man before walking to the door and opening it wide open as Akito's head snapped towards it.

"Karin" Akito said in shock while Karin sighed on seeing the young adult as she sat on the floor, in In-front of Akito with a frown on her face.

"Your father, He was a very kind man and treasured you a lot," Karin said as Akito's eyes widened on hearing that "But his words made you lonely didn't they?" Karin asked

"Back when you were young, I was also young and naive" Karin began while Akito continued to look towards her "i-i didn't realise you were reaching out because you were lonely, or you wanted a mother"

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't be what you wanted me to be" Karin smiled as Akito's eyes were filled with tears

"I was envious, I had lost the one thing I knew and I clung to this idea of having a mother. I saw you with Kyo, Rin and I wanted that and I realised that was wrong of me" Akito said as tears fell down her eyes.

"I'm sorry," Akito said before she gasped loudly feeling arms wrapped around her as Karin hugged her, embracing her

"I can't be your mother Akito, but I can be someone you can lean on" Karin muttered on the girl's shoulder hugging her, as Akito nodded and clung to her.

"Have you heard from Kyo?" Karin asked walking into the house as Kazuma looked towards the women before he sighed loudly.

"No, but he's gone to the hospital" Kazuma smiled while Karin's eyes widened as she looked at him to see him smiling.

"How do you know that?" Karin asked with furrowed eyebrows as he simple smiled at her before she glared at him "Love rival!" She shouted as Kazuma chuckled

"Where is Rin?" Karin asked as she started to undo her heard from the braid as she looked around

"With Hatsuharu," Kazuma said while Karin smiled at herself before she started to make her way up the stairs

"Huh?!" Karin questioned as she heard the running and hitting of feet from downstairs before she made her way down the stairs, Her eyes widened on seeing Kyo and Tohru standing there.

"Huh? Kyo, Tohru is everything okay?" Karin asked coming towards the group, concern written on her face while Kazuma smiled and Kyo looked at her.

"What's wrong?" Karin asked coming towards Kyo, her hand stroking his cheek though she soon gasped widely.

"Ha!" She yelled feeling his arms wrap around her but her eyes widened as she didn't see the orange smoke, her eyes welled with tears as she hugged him back

"Kyo!" She shouted hugging the boy as she cried, Kyo had tears in his eyes while both Tohru and Kazuma watched with a smile.

Karin felt completed she could finally hug the boy she knew as her son but what made her cry even more was the words she heard him mutter.

"Thank you Mom" he stated as Karin smiled so widely as tears fell though she looked up

'He's safe now Sister, you can rest' she thought to herself with a soft smile as she looked up towards the sky.

"So your leaving?" A voice asked as Kyo's eyes widened as he sat in the sitting room of his childhood house, turning to see Karin standing there

"Yeah. I am" Kyo said while Karin simple nodded and stood beside him with a smile on her face.

"Your gonna have to work hard to support both you and Tohru," Karin said while Kyo sighed loudly looking at the women with anger.

"I know that!" He shouted as Karin simple chuckled at him before she handed him a bag, with an envelope inside Kyo looked confused.

"This might help" she smiled towards the boy as Kyo furrowed his brows but soon widened as he saw loads of money in the bag

"Karin I can't-" Kyo began as his head snapped up towards her before Karin simple looked at him with a closed-eyed smile.

"You know me and Kazuma only ever had one fight and it was about you," Karin said as Kyo's eyes widened looking at her in shock.

"I had learnt you would have been locked up for the rest of your life and I didn't agree. I said we should run away from the family. Keep you safe but you know what Kazuma is like" Karin said with a sign before she looked at him

"But then again you know what I'm like. I don't listen" Karin laughed as Kyo's eyes were still on her "I then decided to save up loads of money and pack the stuff you would need and when the time comes I would make you run away, I didn't care if it was by force but I wasn't letting you get locked away," Karin said as Kyo looked at her with wide eye

"But now you don't need to so I'm giving it to you, to start your life with Tohru," Karin said as Kyo looked at her with a soft expression

"Thank you, Karin," Kyo said looking down at his mother figure as she smiled and her hand went to his cheeks, caressing them in a motherly way.

"Be the happiest you can be Kyo. Live the life you deserve" Karin smiled as Kyo nodded

"I will," he said before she smiled before she sighed

"I keep forgetting I can hug you now," Karin said before she hugged the boy he simple wore a soft smile as Kazuma and Tohru stood to the side smiling with tears.

"Thank you for being my mom"

Hello Readers!

I know what you thinking, Yes it is the end and I know there wasn't much on Karin and Kazuma and been romantic but I wanted this book to also be about other types of love. The main one is a son and mother, whether blood-related or not. To show a mother's love and I hope I could give that to you readers. I hope you enjoyed the book.