𝗖𝗵. 𝟮𝟰

"Watch this, Hakkai

"Watch this, Hakkai..."

"...Your big brother's gonna fix your problem for you! That's what family's about!!"

THWAK
SMACK
WHOCK
CRUNCH
KRACK

The sound of Taiju beating up Takemichi was unpleasant. You were terrified at the sight in front of you, it was super uncomfortable to watch so you covered your eyes with your hands.

'Takemichi-kun.. he's getting beaten up badly right in front of us and we're all just standing here and watching?! Stupid Taiju, what did Takemichi ever do to you?!'

"Stop it right now!!" Hina cried out, trying to stop the fight. She, too, felt scared and was on the verge of tears. Yuzuha grabbed her hand before she could step in. "Yuzuha-chan.."
"Don't go, Hina. He won't show you any mercy, either."
"But I can't just stand here and watch, Takemichi-kun's gonna die!"

"TAIJU!!" Hakkai shouted. "Stop it!"
"Huh?!" Taiju glanced at his brother's shaking figure and went back to punching Takemichi. "Hakkai.. when you ask someone a favor, you have to give something in exchange! Offer me something of equal worth.. or he dies here!"
"I'll.. quit Toman." Taiju stopped what he was doing and slowly turned his head towards Hakkai. "I'll join the Black Dragons so I can support you. In exchange, let Takemichi go!"
Taiju smirked and threw Takemichi on the ground. He was unconscious right now due to all the beating he received.

"That's more like it!" Taiju exclaimed and began to walk away. "Now take this Toman brat out of my territory."
Yuzuha sighed in relief. "Let's go, Y/n, Hakkai."
"You're not going anywhere, Yuzuha," Taiju looked back at her. "I told you I was going to teach you a lesson, didn't I?"
"L-leave her alone," you held Yuzuha's arm tight.
"It's okay," Yuzuha gave you a small smile. "I'll be fi-.."
"No you won't, he's gonna hurt you!"
"Don't get involved in this, woman!" Taiju walked towards the two of you. He remained eye contact with you as you watched him in fear.
'I'm gonna die.. It's too early for me to die!'

Taiju grabbed his sister's arm harshly. Your eyes widened and you tried to pull her back with the little strength you had. "P-please! Let her go, Taiju-kun!"
"Don't make me hurt you too," he looked down at you.
"I don't care!" You yelled. "Just don't hurt Yuzuha-chan!"
"Let go," Yuzuha sighed. "I don't want him to hurt you, Y/n."
"Stupid girl," Taiju pulled Yuzuha towards him. You still held on Yuzuha's arm but when it was pulled, you fell on the ground super hard.
"O-ow!"

Hakkai ran up to you and helped you up on your feet. "Are you okay?"
Yuzuha glared at Taiju. "How can you be so reckless? I don't care if you hurt me, but she's just a sick girl!"
"Not my fault she got in the way," he responded.  "Don't talk back to me. Shut up before I beat you right here in front of everyone."
"Take her home, Hakkai. Takemichi, too."

。。。

'Just a sick girl.. just a sick girl,' you kept repeating in your head. 'That's how everyone sees me.. just a sick girl.'

Hina was holding onto your arm as you walked with her in silence. Hakkai was carrying Takemichi on his back since he was still passed out. Hina looked at you in concern since you looked lost in your head like you were thinking deeply about something. She decided to stay quite, though. None of you had the energy to talk at the moment.

'My life is actually so meaningless! Why are people helping someone like me? Someone who's definitely gonna die soon. I'm surprised I even managed to last this long.. oh, that reminds me. I should stop being a burden on my siblings. No more asking for help, I'm just wasting their precious time!'

A groan was heard from the blonde haired boy. Takemichi finally woke up. "Hm?" He felt himself being carried. His face hurt when he tried to speak, it was all beaten up.

"You awake?" Hakkai spoke up.
Hina's eyes widened at the sight of her unconscious boyfriend finally waking up. "Takemichi-kun! Thank god, I was so worried!"
"Hina.." Takemichi managed to speak in a hoarse voice. 'Oh, yeah. I got my ass kicked.' "Sorry, Hakkai. It's my fault you're leaving Toman."
"It's not your fault," Hakkai smiled. "I thought about leaving a while ago. Thank you for sticking up for Yuzuha. You too, Y/n. I'm sorry you two got hurt."

Hakkai saw how protective you became of Yuzuha when Taiju said that he needed to teach her a lesson. The way you stood up for his loved one made his heart race. Even though he knew you couldn't do anything, you tried your best and it made him feel warm inside.

"Bet you didn't expect the leader of Black Dragons to be my big bro, huh?"
"Yeah.."
Kazutora's words about Hakkai in the future suddenly popped up in Takemichi's head.

"Hakkai Shiba.. rumor says he killed the previous leader of Black Dragons for money and took over a gang. A crazy bastard."

"There's something I have to do in the Black Dragons," Hakkai said.
'Killed the previous leader.. that means.. Hakkai is gonna kill his big bro?!'

"My house is across the street," you finally spoke up. "Uh.. I'll get going now. Take care, you guys."
Hakkai gave you a smile and nodded. "Please tell Yuzuha to text or call me.. I'm really worried about her."
"Sure."

...

"I'm home," you announced, taking off your shoes. "So tired.."

A familiar peach-color haired boy stood in front of you while he crossed his arms. You didn't even sense his presence as he walked up to you. He was as agile as the wind, so fast sometimes it scared you. His eyes looked furious as he glared at you.

"Mikey?"
"..You wanna explain where you were?"

You wanna explain where you were?"