20

Harry Styles

Hi, baby

Things have been eventful lately, I know it's making you frustrated with me. I get it, I know I'm creating things to be a bit difficult. I still lack maturity in certain situations and you have probably noticed that.

But, I think it's keeping your heart alive.

Not the part that makes the muscles pump blood through your body, the part that makes you feel...life. Your life is just so cold now, everyone around you is so strict and serious. I get it, we live serious dangerous lives. We're suppose to be serious about everything. We're suppose to live in fear of stepping out of line. But it's killing you, if not have already killed you. Niall and I running around Malikai's estate to call your bluff is reckless, immature, and idiotic.

But I think you need a little bit of that.

You loosened because of it. When I ran out to the garden, you followed me. When I held you against the shrubs, you didn't push me away. When I kissed your forehead, you swallowed.

I know you're still in there, angel. I know you can be saved. I will continue to call your bluff and although it's frustrating and dangerous, it's bringing you to life again. If I can't reap you out of the path I once walked, I'll bring Malikai to the ground myself. I was his person when it came to manipulating, interrogating, and intimidating. He trained me to get into peoples minds and play games. To read their expressions through their eyes and call their bluffs. I'm good at it, and I will use it against him.

Until then, I will bring you back to life.

"Okay, I'm heading out." I shut the journal, pushing out my barstool while keeping the cigarette between my lips.

"What! It's midnight." Niall objects from my left, speaking over the music.

"Yeah and I'm tired."

"You're always tired."

"Let him go, Niall." Dez says while counting the cash in the till. "If Louis can leave before midnight then Harry can too."

"Louis leaves to have sex. Harry leaves to cry himself to sleep."

"Niall, c'mon." Liam laughs while taking a swig from his beer. "Leave him be."

I smile with my cigarette, tucking the pocket journal in my hoodie pocket.

"It's okay, Liam." I lean my head over Niall's shoulder. "Niall doesn't know I've been fucking his pillow every night instead."

Liam and Dez cackle as Niall rolls his eyes and shrugs his shoulder away from me.

"Kidding, kidding." I grin while inhaling smoke, turning in exit.

I walk through the bar full of people playing pool, shooting darts, swaying to music, shouting at each other around tables. I make my way to the front, pushing through the door and walking up the graffitied steps. I finish off my cigarette as I get halfway across the road to Mei's, tossing the butt to the ground.

Distant chatter and police sirens play as usual background noise through the city. I walk my way through the alley besides the restaurant, getting up to the side entrance. Unlocking the door, I slip inside and head to the door in the inventory room. I unlock that one to see the rickety set of stairs that leads down to the abyss.