easy start to a bad day

A/n: I'm baaaaccckkk~, buckle up this one's rough, tw for violence

The day was going by shockingly smoothly, there were very few kids and so far Sun wasn't slathered in various art supplies and pre-chewed food items, it was alarming in a way and Sun seemed almost lost with the lack of activity "where do you think everyone is?" He asked as the two of you watched over the kids who were currently enthralled in some sort of made up game of their own "I'm not sure, maybe a buncha them got sick or somethin" you answered "Oh I hope not" Sun replied, seeming upset by the idea "whatever the reason I'm sure everything is fine" you reassured, pressing a quick peck to his cheek before standing up and stretching "I've gotta run to the restroom hun, try not to miss me too much" you said, quickly heading out to the restroom, you returned shortly, humming happily as you walked back into the daycare but haulting in place when you saw Sun, he was still sitting exactly where you'd left him but something seemed off, he was now hunched over and clutching his face as if he were crying but instead you could hear quiet humming coming from him, the tune to 'you are my sunshine' but somewhat disjointed "Sunny?" You questioned, surveying the room to make sure everything was in order, the kids were still playing, either unaware or unphased by this behavior, you somewhat cautiously approached Sun, softly placing a hand on his shoulder "sweetheart?" No response "Sunny what's wrong?" No response, you tightened your grip on his shoulder "Sun talk to me", he still didn't speak but his hands slowly lowered from his face and his humming died down into silence "Sun..." You muttered before letting out a yelp and scrambling backwards in shock as the animatronic's head snapped backwards to face you before his body slowly twisted to match it, his eyes were off, empty black sockets stared at you for far to long before his head twitched to the side in one jerky motion "oh! Y/n it's great to see you again!" Something seemed off about his voice and it sent a wave of sudden terror through your body "Sunny quit messing with me this isn't funny" you replied, feeling your voice getting caught in your throat "pah! Messing MESSING with you? Never! Say Y/N let's let's play a game play a let's game play a GAME!" He half screamed, lurching forward and catching your throat in one hand, before you had time to respond your head was being bashed into the thankfully foam-padded floor repeatedly though no amount of padding could help with the vice-like grip on your throat which kept you from screaming or even breathing for that matter though the kids screamed enough for the both of you "PLAY A GA- PLAY PLAY PLAY" the animatronic screeched a few inches from your face making your ears ring, your vision went black rather suddenly and all at once the grip on your neck was released, was this what it was like to black out?, no, you could still hear screaming, screaming and soft lulling music, then you heard a voice "no no no no no e-everything's okay! Don't cry! Please don't cry! Shhh shhhh" your mind began to clear and your eyes shot open, processing your surroundings, the room was dark other than the glowing stars that looked down at you from the ceiling, nap time, you sat up quickly, dazed and dizzy with a pounding in your head, the screaming had died down into hysterical but quiet sobbing, Moon was sat near a huddled group of horrified children doing his very best to comfort them though they weren't so willing to listen to him after what had just happened, you wobbled over to the desk to shut off the light timer, grabbing some paper towels to wipe your now-bloodied nose with, wincing when the dry paper caught your swollen lip, you cleaned yourself up as good as possible before walking back over to the group "okay everyone, we're gonna wait for your parents with Mr. Moon today, Mr. Sun is having a bad day" you said in the most chipper tone you could manage at the moment through your burning throat before you again walked back to the desk, calling the front office to tell them the kids parents would need to pick them up early, in the meantime they were given fizzyfaz instead of water bottles and as many packets of fruit snacks as they wanted to hopefully minimize any sort of complaints or reports, Moon seemed just as shaken up as the kids but you didn't truly see the extent of it until the last child had been picked up at which point the animatronic fell into a trembling heap on the floor, you knelt beside him but hesitated to touch him until he lunged at you and clung onto you tightly with his face buried into your shoulder at which point you lightly placed your hands on his upper back "I knew something was wrong! I tried to warn you! I tried to warn them! But I just couldn't....i've never felt so helpless" he sputtered between sobs, his fingers digging into your back as he tried to cling to you tighter "hey...its okay Moon, it's not your fault okay?" You reassured, not entirely sure how to interact with the other since he wouldn't even get near you before but now clung to you like his life depended on it, as a result your hands just remained resting on his upper back, unmoving, he didn't seem to mind though, it was quiet for a little bit as you simply tried to comfort the other, you found it odd that you weren't nearly as upset but you knew that whoever had attacked yo wasn't actually Sun so you weren't hurt too bad...in the mental sense at least, your face however, hurt like a bitch "could you talk to me please?" This question drew you out of your thoughts as Moon slowly backed off of you and wiped his nonexistent tears "huh?" You questioned "please talk to me...you know...Sun usually never shuts up...i'm not used to the quiet" Moon grumbled, looking towards the floor "of course, what do you wanna talk about?" You replied "I don't know...anything...please" Moon muttered, clutching his head as if he were in pain "alright well..."