10

LUCIA BUZZES WITH EXCITEMENT as she rushes to get ready as if that would make the time fly by when she had put together her outfit days in advance

LUCIA BUZZES WITH EXCITEMENT as she rushes to get ready as if that would make the time fly by when she had put together her outfit days in advance. She could hear Elena and Tahani running through the halls with a shout, something about Elena not wearing her corset again, but she ignores their shenanigans.

Nerves are buzzing under her skin as she fusses with the folds of her yellow dress endlessly, wanting to look perfect for every eye that would catch even the smallest glance at her. Especially for a certain pair of eyes that she wants to catch the attention of.

Before getting ready, she agreed with Seokjin to meet him by the windows after entering separately, as they couldn't enter the ball together due to appearance's sake. Seokjin is still a Solarian knight after all.

Staring intently at her reflection, Lucia runs through her mental outline of how the night is to play out. Enter the ballroom with her sisters, do some courtesy greetings and welcomes, go to the window and meet up with Seokjin, dance, chat, and then... Lucia's face bursts with emotions she tries to shove down in an attempt to keep calm.

Tonight is the night she plans to confess to her beloved, and she is nothing short of nervous. She knows she has no reason to but she is nonetheless, and she has practiced how to go about it millions of times over in her head. Trick Seokjin into leading her off the dance floor, consequently lure him outside into the garden under the cover of darkness, and then let her fluttering heart go into a lovely cardiac arrest with nerves before Seokjin inevitably laughs and soothes her nerves with his undisputable charm.

Okay, so maybe that was a little played up at the end of the outline but the plan still stands.

All that was left was to wait for her sisters to finish getting ready and running around the halls. Lucia might die from nerves before then if Ellie doesn't hurry and put on her corset already.

COUNTLESS CRYSTALS and priceless gems and glasses of champagne glimmer under the light of dozens of chandeliers. Playful trades of wits, questions, pleasantries fill the golden ballroom with life not unusual for this kind of event.

Her sisters have long dissolved into the crowd, blending in with the crowd of royalty and ambassadors from dozens of foreign countries. Lucia is not entirely interested in playing the game of pleasantries and guess who but is quick to be swept up in the tide of excitement nonetheless.

Although she is quickly pulled from pair to group to pair and so on, Lucia has her eye out for one person in particular.

Lucia is not far from shaking as she thinks about her plans for the night, but she tries to swallow the lump in her throat as she looks around for Seokjin, waiting for him to appear from the crowd.

"Looking lost Lulu," a familiar voice instantly brightens the room (really it just brightens her heart) with a soft chuckle.

Lucia whips around to see her beloved dressed in a deep black suit with accents of red, orange, and gold hidden throughout in the cuffs and lining of his suit, proudly representing his Solarian colors. The late evening sun did wonders for her beloved, highlighting his jawline while sparkling in his teasing gaze.