Chapter 40: Prima facie

ASEAN occupied Esthirant

At the HQ of garrisoned SEADF in Esthirant, several southeast asian officers have some complicated look after the reports of Milishial deploying missiles in Parpaldia.

"Is this a declaration of war?."

"So far no, though we already inquiring about the Milishial side why there's missile batteries here in the parpaldia, the response would likely gonna reach in the midnight or tommorow."

"So we'll abort our mission for now?."

"Nah, there's no delay or cancellation. Business as usual, we will going to annihilate the Parpaldian forces in the vicinity, 40 minutes before the initiation of bombardment and clearing operation."

While they are doing some last minute adjustment and small reorganizations. Some soldiers entered in the room and talk with NCO of the room.

"Sir! Parpaldian forces began to withdraw from the trenches."

"Withdraw? Did the destruction of that fortress reached the ears of their commanders?."

"Most likely Sir."

"Organized withdrawal or ..."

"Not yet totally confirmed, some units withdraw with carriages but some are completely desserted their positions with little to no equipments."

The Parpaldian Imperial army began to withdraw without any plans, it is a hasty plan, or thought so by their lower echelon.

"A trap? They withdraw their troops and letting us occupied those trenches then traps such as hidden explosive ordinances will likely gonna wipe out our grunts off the face of the planet?."

"Probably sir."

The officer contemplates on the report and then followed up.

"Anything more to report?."

"Nothing sir."

"Okay dismiss."

The messenger finally withdrawn from the command center.

"Now, they made our job easy. Let's bomb them to oblivion?." One of the southeast asian officers suggested.

"They withdrawing right? Should we let them away? Also, we are trying to maintain their strength so they won't be weakened too much, it would be a pain on the ass to police their nation's security because we wrecked their armed forces in the aftermath of this war right?."

"They are still legitimate military targets, they should be destroyed here unless they surrendered then they will be spared."

"Have our choppers and incendiary bombs armed attack aircrafts to shave down as many as they can, we could also pull some MRLS reserved from marines and special artillery units which currently in standby, to supplement our gun-howitzer artilleries in ready attack force."

"Area Suppression now? How about our mechanized infantry and armoured forces?."

"We have spare units equipped with commercially shelve drones for short range recon mission right? Send a couple of them to scan the perimeter of parpaldian defensive lines until then put our grunts on standby until further notice."

"It's a bother, just request air support from Altaras and bomb them to hell, then accordingly to our recon units analysis, the mechanized infantry will follow suit."

Thus, the operation to neutralize all of the immediate threat to Esthirant have begun.

A certain forward naval infantry unit of ASEAN