12

"I'M THIS CLOSE to kicking some sense into you," Elena sighs heavily, making Lucia huff in annoyance back

"I think my nerves are reasonable. Jimin had no reason-"

"But he did."

"Sure, sure," Lucia waves dismissively. "He had no reason and he still left, so why won't Seokjin?"

"I seriously don't get why you can't just have a therapy session together yet," Elena rolls her eyes, walking further into the garden without Lucia.

"Hey! My fears are rational!" Lucia argues, running after her sister.

"They wouldn't be if you blabbered to Seokjin too. Which you should be doing instead of talking to me."

"It's like talking to a wall, I swear."

"A very lovely, reasonable wall," Ellie grins and Lucia rolls her eyes.

"A wall nonetheless."

"Oh quiet, it takes one to know one anyway."

"Whatever Ellie," Lucia laughs lightheartedly.

The sound of singing birds fills the silence, as Lucia grapples with her uncertainty. Ellie sighs loudly, rolling her eyes to the heavens at Lucia's continuous hesitance.

"So, Tahani really hasn't told you why Jimin left yet?" Ellie hesitates, glancing over at Lucia's hardening expression as she shakes her head.

"It's 'cause Jimin thought he could never make Tahani truly happy," Ellie says simply, despite both of their dissatisfaction with the answer.

"At least he wanted to make her happy I guess, if you even want to call it that," Lucia sighs, trying to scrub the irritation from her face.

"That's what happens when you don't talk about your insecurities early, Lulu."

And a silence settles over them, the looming feeling of warning nipping at the back of Lucia's head. Bubbling anxiety eats away at Lucia's stomach at the same time and she sighs in what she could only describe as defeat.

LUCIA TRULY LOVES the man who bellows at his own jokes under the faint light of the stars. She is dizzy with her own laughter, leaning hard against the weight that also happens to be leaning against her.

And Lucia both melts and freezes as she meets Jin's squinted gaze, illuminated under the starry night sky. Jin only grins deeper at Lucia's typical starstruck face, making her snap out of her daze with a laugh.

It's moments like these that make Lucia scoff at the idea that she needs to confess. It's moments when they are teetering, teetering on what, she is not sure. But they are walking a thin, thin line that they can easily fall off of, and as always they dance on that line like it's a game.

And Lucia knows she needs to say it. She needs to say the words that have been building in her chest for the past months. She needs to stop playing their little game so they don't get hurt when only one of them falls off this thin, thin line.

Lucia knows. She knows as she leans in closer to Jin and he wraps his arm around her, pulling her closer and closer. She knows as they huddle close together under the stars, trying to find the big dipper, fumbling out a shout when they think they found it. She knows as they laugh, realizing that they don't have a clue but continue to look and point with a grin. And as she accidently knocks over their empty ramen bowls with a startled yelp, scaring Jin in turn, before they burst out in laughter.

Lucia knows.

"Hey Jin," Lucia hums, curling ever so slightly into Jin's side.

Jin simply hums back, tightening and loosening his arm that's wrapped around her. His eyes glitter under the light of the stars and his raven hair shines just barely under the little moonlight.

And Lucia is stumped for a moment, opening and closing her mouth without a word like a fish out of water, as Jin looks down at her with a small smile in waiting. It doesn't take long for his expression to shift, his eyes wrinkling in a fond amusement when he realizes the words are stuck in her throat.

Jin giggles, booping Lucia's nose with his free hand. "It's okay, I'm right here. Take your time, hm? We have all the time in the world. I promise."

And damn if Lucia didn't melt into a puddle right then and there. With a content sigh, Lucia sinks into his side, holding him tightly as he begins to hum his favorite song. As always, Lucia finds warmth in his hold, feeling at peace once more.

Lucia knows, and she has a strong inkling Seokjin does too; Seokjin has known for a while longer than she has.

Woooo happy chapter :DD