24

"Is Kalix going to be there?"

Hiro looked at me with furrowed brows, confused why I would ask if Kalix will go to his pre-Christmas party because he wouldn't be here for Christmas. Babalik na siya sa Florida. Medyo despedida party na rin daw 'yon para sa kaniya. Pang-ilang despedida party na 'to. 

"I have something I need to return to him," I explained myself. I wouldn't usually ask about the people he invited, so he was confused. 

"Yes, I think he is going to be there. I invited him and his friends," sagot naman ni Hiro. "What is it that you need to return to him?" Chismosong tanong niya.

"It's just a shirt that I borrowed." With that, Hiro didn't ask anymore. 

I laughed by myself, thinking about Luna's reaction once I told her that I already gave the shirt back. Ang sabi niya ay huwag nang ibalik sa kaniya kaya sa may-ari ko na lang ibabalik. 

I wore a simple shirt tucked inside my denim jeans for the rooftop bar party that Hiro organized. I knew it was going to be cold, so I also decided to bring a denim jacket. Hiro and I arrived earlier than the others to check if everything was ready. 

"Hello." Humalik sina Helen at Ericka sa pisngi ko, sunod kay Hiro. Lyle, Neil, and the others also arrived. 

"This way to the table, ladies." I guided them to the table Hiro and I were already occupied. 

"Inom na kaagad, Ciandrei!" sabi ni Ericka, trying to find where the bar was. "We should start early so we could get drunk early."

"Let's take pictures first!" Helen said, having a different priority. 

It was not a formal party and just a simple gathering with free food and drinks so the others also started drinking already upon eating. Marami nang tao kaya hindi na ako nakabalik sa table. I was busy going from table to table because I knew a lot of people. My wild days were already over so ngayon ko na lang ulit sila nakita. 

I was holding a bottle of beer when I saw Kalix on the other table, looking bored. He was with two other guys who were eating. Kalix was already done eating, so he was just looking around with his arms crossed over his chest. I decided to go to him and give him the paper bag with his shirt inside.

"What's this?" nagtatakang tanong niya sa akin. We weren't that close before when Haze introduced us to each other. He was friends with Hiro, so I already knew him. I would also sometimes see him at parties. 

"Your shirt," I answered, which made him more confused.

Pinanood ko kung paano niya silipin ang paper bag at kinuha ang shirt niya sa loob. He looked at the shirt, thinking where he left it. "How did you get this?" seryosong tanong niya sa akin. 

"Luna let me borrow it," I answered honestly.