Love at First Letter - 28

New cover was made by summersong101, thank you so much!

Please read the author's note at the bottom.

Love at First Letter

Chapter 28

Brett was cute when he was jealous, and when I let that accidentally slip out of my mouth his glare stopped my laugh. He had crushed his lips to mine and then told me he was not cute, he was sexy. But I just laughed anyway. Brett wasn't on board with me and Logan hanging out, even though I had told him that he was nothing more than a brother to me, he didn't care.

When Logan and I were scheduled to work on our book, Brett was always there and even though he was sexy when he was jealous, it was beginning to be ridiculous.

Logan kept sending glances towards Brett who was sat in the chair next to mine. Sarah had reserved a work room for us at the hotel where one of the interviews was being held for a YouTube channel. We were sat at a table with papers spread out among it and Brett sat silent next to me. He kept his hand on my thigh and just continued to watch as Logan and I went over our newest book.

It was quite easy to come up with characters and a plot with Logan as he was easy to work with. I knew that this was supposed to stay top secret and after both my manager and Logan's swore Brett to secrecy and made him even sign a few documents, he was allowed in the room. Sarah and Logan's manager, Katelyn, were off somewhere talking business probably.

By the time we were finished and Sarah came to get me for an interview I was already running late to we had finished the outline, had our characters mostly figured out, and the prologue written. I had high hopes for this book, I just hope it turned out good.

Brett looked relieved to finally be able to leave the room but I didn't say anything to him as he slipped his hand into mine and intertwined our fingers. He squeezed my hand but I didn't squeeze back like I always do. I was mad. Brett brought me to a stop and had me stand in front of him. His fingers lifted up my chin and forced me to look him in the eye. "What's wrong?"

"You're ridiculous you know that? I told you that nothing was going to happen with Logan and I and you can't even leave us alone to do our job for two hours. You were acting like a jealous idiot in there."

"Maybe I am a jealous idiot, anyone can see that that boy likes you. I just want him to know that you are mine and I will fight for you until I don't stand a chance anymore and even then I will continue to fight for you, because . . . I love you Hazel Tate. I'm in love with you and I don't want that idiot author in there to screw anything up." Did he? He did. My mouth dropped open as I stared up at the man in front of me. "That's not how I wanted to tell you, I had a dinner all planned out and it was going to be romantic and I have a gift-"

I shut him up as I planted my lips on his. "I love you too." My voice was only a whisper but I knew he heard it when his face lit up. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck as he picked me up and twirled me around in a circle. The few people in the hallway gave us weird glances but we didn't care.

"Say it again." He told me.

"I love you."