seven

• Sienna •

Sienna wasn't sure how to feel. How are you supposed to feel after your best friend kisses you out of no where? She wasn't mad, just confused. It had come out of no where. One thing was for sure, she couldn't tell Claire. At least not yet. If she told Claire then she would feel guilty about not telling Josh.

Oh God, Josh!

They weren't together. They were just going to a dance together. But she still felt guilty that she had kissed someone else the same day that he had asked her to the dance. She had kissed him back and she hadn't been the one to pull away, it was Matt that had ended it.

She had to tell Claire. But what would she tell her? She didn't even know what exactly had happened, it was so quick. She didn't want her friend to get the wrong idea. Sienna did not like Matt. He was basically family. So why did she enjoy the short kiss so much?

She was pulled out of her thoughts by a text on her phone. Surprisingly, it was Matt, telling her that he was outside and wanted to talk. She really debated not going out, staying inside and ignoring what had happened. She talked herself out of it, knowing that would only make it worse.

~~~

When Sienna got back into her room, she felt content that she and Matt wouldn't have this hanging over their heads for the next few weeks. It was a simple mistake. A miscalculation. Neither of them wanted to kiss each other again, and they would put it behind them and forget about it. But Sienna did want to kiss him again. She knew she shouldn't, but she did.

She did her best to bury the thought. Opting to take a shower to take her mind off of things. How did her life get so complicated in a matter of hours?

When she got out of the shower, she was surprised to find that she did feel a little bit better, not much, but a little. Her phone still sat on her nightstand, but she couldn't bring herself to look at it. She didn't want to see if anyone had texted her. She decided that it was probably best to just go to bed and worry about everything tomorrow.

~~~

When Sienna walked into school the next day, she was immediately greeted by Claire, much to her dismay. She had been avoiding the girls texts as she felt guilty responding and not telling her about the kiss. It didn't mean anything, but she needed to tell her friend.

"Hey, Sie-" Sienna cut her off by grabbing her hand and dragging her into the nearest bathroom.

Sienna checked the stalls to make sure they were empty before she said anything.

"Something happened with Matt..."

"Are you gonna elaborate or just leave it at that?" Claire was clearly not amused by her friends lack of details.

"He kissed me." Claire's face dropped. She had been hoping for this for so long, but seeing her friend so distraught about it made her wish she hadn't.

"Like out of no where?"

"Kinda! I don't know we were arguing like we always do and then he just kissed me!"

Before Claire could respond, the door opened and two girls entered the bathroom. The girls went into two of the stalls, leaving Claire and Sienna standing silent by the sinks. The bell rang a few seconds later, interrupting the already cut off conversation.

"We're talking about this later." Claire spoke, then she left the bathroom to go to her class.

Sienna stayed back a second, splashing some cold water on her face, before she followed her friend. Of course she had to go to math right now. She took her normal seat next to Josh, who immediately started talking to her. He didn't mention the dance, thank God. She didn't know if she could handle the guilt if he had. Technically, she hadn't done anything wrong. At least she didn't think so. But the guilt settling in her stomach didn't go away.

~~~

Sienna and Claire now sat in the school parking lot. Almost all of the other cars had left, leaving no one around them.

"So he just, kissed you, completely out of no where?" Claire still couldn't wrap her mind around it. Sure, she had been making jokes and trying to set the two up for years at this point, but the whole situation felt odd.

"Basically. He said that he wanted to win the argument, so he did it to shut me up. But something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I liked it, dumbass. Where am I supposed to go from here?" Claire literally squealed at the admission that she had been waiting so long for.

"Oh my God! You like Matt!"

"I do not like Matt. I liked the kiss." Sienna leaned back, closing her eyes to avoid making eye contact with her friend.

"But you wanna do it again, right?"

"I don't know! Maybe?" Sienna was finding it harder and harder to be honest with herself with the whole situation. If she and Matt got together it would just mess everything up. "Besides, he literally said that it wouldn't happen again, so I can't get my hopes up or anything."

"Oh, honey. He definitely only said that because he thinks that you don't like him back. You gotta tell him."

"First of all, I don't like him. And second of all, are you forgetting that literally 24 hours ago I agreed to go to the Winter Ball with someone else?"

"Oh shit, what are you gonna do about Josh?"

"That's what I need to figure out!"