Chapter 45

The president of the senior class, and the president of the junior class talked in hushed tones at a table in the school cafeteria. "So, Juwon, your mom had something to do with Jungkook's court case, if I remember correctly."

Juwon frowned a bit. This seemed like an odd topic of conversation for Kai. "She is the department head for their caseworker in the Social Services department. It doesn't have to do with their court case. Why do you care?"

Kai's continued low volume alerted Juwon that this was a sensitive conversation which Kai did not want shared with others. "Let's just say I need some leverage. I need a way to get Jungkook in trouble."

Juwon had no doubt that he could help, but he wasn't into being generous to anyone, even if they were considered a friend. "What's in it for me?" Juwon would not admit that he would love to get Jungkook in trouble. If Kai didn't know, Juwon might be able to get more out of this. 

Kai knew Juwon well enough to expect this question, "You want Madison, and I can get her for you."

Juwon's eyes narrowed. He had only ever told this to Jungkook and as far as he knew, Kai and Jungkook did not talk. "Why do you think that I want her?"

"Hell, everyone wants her. I will get her away from Jungkook, then I'll take next week with her. After the Masquerade dance, she is yours. You can have her for as long as you can keep ahold of her."

Juwon smiled. This was too good to be true. He could ruin Jungkook's life and have Maddy, it was like all his dreams in one plan. "I'll let you know what I find out."

---

Maddy's parents and Jin had arranged to have their discussion at Jungkook's soccer game. Maddy had worn Jungkook's jersey all day, but she had now changed into shorts and a t-shirt for her soccer practice later. She would need to leave for practice before the end of Jungkook's match.

Maddy was sitting with Tae, Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi, cheering on Jungkook. He had already made one goal. 

As the soccer team won more and more games, the number of spectators had been increasing. Today's match had almost all the stands filled with very few seats available. Some girls had started coming to watch Jungkook and their little fan section had been steadily increasing game by game. It was obvious that these girls were there for Jungkook, because they cheered loudly for him and talked about him the whole time. Maddy wasn't jealous though, because whenever Jungkook made a goal he looked right up at her. Also, she was the one who wore his jersey every game day and Jungkook had told her that he loved the smell of her on his jersey when he was in the soccer match. He said it was his good luck charm. Maddy wasn't even sure Jungkook noticed his growing set of groupies because she had never seen him acknowledge them.

Maddy saw her parents approaching the stands and ran down to greet them. Jin saw them also and followed Maddy down. Maddy introduced Jin to her parents and pleasantries were exchanged. Maddy was very interested in hearing what her parents were going to say to Jin. She and Jungkook had been speculating all week about how this conversation would go.

Maddy's mom handed her a container of cookies. "Alright Madison, we are going to talk with Jin for a minute, you can go back up and sit with his brothers." Maddy's mom noticed her daughter's face drop at her suggestion.

"I want to be part of the conversation too, Eomma." Maddy knew she needed to report whatever was said to Jungkook, so they could make a plan of intervention if needed. Jungkook seemed fairly certain he could persuade Jin to do whatever was necessary to make it so Maddy was able to go camping.

Maddy's dad put his hand on his daughter's arm. "Let us talk with Jin for a minute, Madison." 

Maddy's hands came to her hips. "My parents always taught me that telling secrets was rude." Both of her parents had a slight grimace at their daughter's disrespect.