Chapter 15 | Lust

Sunlight streamed through the window, groaning, I buried my face into the pillow.

My body tossed and turned in bed searching for the warmth that engulfed me last night.

My eyes slowly opened to find myself alone in bed. Where's Sorin?

Then flashes of last night passed through my mind. I remember crying because I don't know...I was feeling so sad and I remember asking him to hug me.

What the hell? Did I really do that?!

And he did hug me! He held me in arms protectively. I remember that feeling clearly. The feeling of being protected and cared and loved. My first warm hug.

One of the best feelings ever.

Wait. I told him to hug me just for a few minutes but I stayed in his arms for a long time. As far as I remember, I even fell asleep!

Oh My God! Is he angry with me right now? He must be so irritated. I ruined his sleep.

All the sleepiness vanished and I sat up straight on the bed, every possible scenario of what must have happened went through my head.

No wonder he left.

Just when I thought things were going okay between us, I had to ruin everything.

Before I could start banging my head against the wall, the bedroom door opened and in walked Sorin, all dressed up for work except he wasn't wearing his suit jacket.

"You are awake." He spoke, leaning against the doorframe and rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. "I was just coming to wake you up."

"Oh..." I whispered not knowing what to say.

I thought he would be angry instead looked calm.

"How are you feeling?" I guess he was refering to my last night's crying session.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

Humming, his eyes slowly trailed down from my face to my shoulder, confused I followed his gaze and saw that the strap of my nightgown was now hanging down on my upper arm.

Only because I had promised Darcy I wore this or else never. It hardly covered my breast and my legs, it was so revealing and I remember the shock expression on Sorin's face when he saw me, how his eyes turned dark.

Sorin pushed himself off the doorframe and came closer. Leaning forward, he gently hooked his index finger in the strap and pulled it up to the shoulder.

Why on earth is my body heating up? A blush crawling up my neck.

Holding my gaze, he said, "Get ready, your college starts in two hours."

That's when I snapped out of the trance.

"C-college?"

He leaned back. "Yeah, college. You only said you wanted to resume your studies. I got you re-admissioned."

"B-but you did...not tell me...that it starts from today..." I wasn't mentally prepared!

A sheepish look fell over his face. "Yeah, I forgot to tell you yesterday. However, you still have some time to get ready."

My mouth fell open. "But...but...but..." All of a sudden I am going back to college, I didn't even decide what to wear!

He placed his finger under my chin and pushing it upwards closed my mouth. "Get ready. I'll drop you." And he left the room.

I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower, brushed my teeth and picked out a pair of black jeans and a black high neck sleeveless crop halter tank top. And tied my hair in a messy bun and stuffing my books in my bag ran downstairs almost tripping on the last stair.