✵ thirty-seven ✵

It was a few days until Halloween. The day after I had stayed at Harry's, his assistant texted him that he needed to go to Los Angeles for some party, and then he would have to spend the rest of the week there. I was not very happy about that, knowing that I had kind of hoped I could spend Halloween with him, but Harry assured me that I could see him then. It didn't really make sense, but I just had gone with it, the two of us having said goodbye at my place before he left to go and pack. It was Thursday when I found myself hanging out with the boys. No matter how often I saw them at home, it always felt like I hadn't hung out with them in forever. I never really understood why, but I always loved getting to cuddle up with my favorite boys on the sofa. They had wanted me to make food, but I really wasn't in the mood, so instead, I had ordered us two pizzas from an Italian place where they knew my name every time I called, or went in to eat there. However, it was closer to nine in the evening as we were watching a movie that I got a phone call, my brow pulling in when I noticed it was my one of my brothers calling.

"Hey," I answered, shifting away from Niall so I could get up off the couch. "Is everything okay?"

"Fine, yeah," Tristan said. "Couple of things."

"Sure, sure, what's up? Have you talked to Sal lately?"

"Yeah, he's good. I feel like you don't really talk to anyone in our family."

He laughed with the words, but it was kind of true. I was always very bad about talking to everyone after I got my job at the Gucci branch. It wasn't on purpose, rather a simple mishap that I knew I had control over, but liked to act as if I didn't. Shutting my bedroom door, I climbed onto my bed, waiting for Tristan to continue.

"Anyway, are you coming for Thanksgiving this year?" he questioned.

"I'm trying."

"Sal and Luca are coming," he told me, sounding nervous on his end for some reason as he spoke. "Uh, so, I haven't really, you know, told anyone this yet, and I know you won't go blabbering, but Vittoria and I are having a baby."

"Oh, no way!" I smiled brightly. "Tristan, yay! It is a yay, right?"

"Yes, yay," he laughed. "We've wanted a baby for a while."

"Well, I'm really happy for you!" I told him. "I'm going to be an auntie, how exciting!"

Tristan laughed, saying that he would want me to help them pick out stuff for the nursery when it got closer. As of right now, Vittoria was a month along, and I was overly happy that my brother was having a baby. He was the oldest of the three of us, so it was no surprise that he would be the first of us to start having children. However, before I could start asking him anymore questions about him and Vittoria, my brother began asking me questions.

"Vittoria keeps sending me articles about you and a really famous guy. Do you want to talk to me about that?"

"Oh, that."

"Yeah, that," he stated. "He's older than me, and I don't know how I feel about my baby sister seeing someone who is about ten years shy of our father's age."

"I mean, it really isn't that big of a deal," I told him softly.

"It is to me," Tristan stated swiftly. "How do you think Dad would feel?"

"I don't know."

"Fin, I want the best for you, and I don't think a thirty year old man is the best thing for you."

It irritated me beyond belief. The sheer thought of Tristan thinking he knew what was best for me, even though I hadn't seen him in about a year, was insane. We talked every couple of months, or sent each other memes online, but that was about it. I didn't have deep conversations with him, or keep in touch enough for him to tell me what to do. Scrunching my nose up, I found myself telling him exactly what I thought.