Chapter 52

****

T

hose words with a strange nuance contained obvious ridicule for him. Seeing Owen smile, Arthur asked him while glaring at him with a cold gaze.

"Now, are you saying that Your Highness had an affair with my wife last night?"

"Well, how would it be?"

At Arthur's direct interrogation, Owen simply turned his words around with a strange smile.

As Arthur's expression hardened at the appearance, Owen laughed inside as if it were fun. So far, things have been going well as he planned.

"Wasnt it Arthur Felix who pretended not to see or hear his wives infidelity rather than verifying it the moment he knew it?"

Although there were statements from people around him that his affection for his current wife Grace seemed special. Owen predicted that the love would easily crumble in the face of Arthur's inferiority complex, who has been called a monster so far.

It is said that only one single doubt is enough to break solid love.

Owen hoped that Arthur would be engulfed in inferiority with this word, so that little by little, he would have doubts about Grace in his mind.

So, in the end, a crack develops and the moment Arthur abandons Grace, he takes Grace and gives that monster another wife. That was his calculation.

It will eventually work out the way I intended it to.

[T/N: This evil son of a b*tch! Poor Arthur. ಥ_ಥ]

Owen continued to speak without a doubt that it wouldn't happen.

"Every time I meet Lady Grace, I only think that Lady Grace is a waste to you."

"It's so sad. Had she been born with magical powers, the future Crown Princess would have been her, not Marianne. Really, its such a waste."

Owen looked at Arthur's masked face, who only lived a sad life with a stiff expression, while keeping a sarcastic smirk.

Indeed, how nice would it have been if Grace had become the Crown Princess then she had looked at his reality before this monster, so that the heart that had said, It doesnt matter if its a monster, had turned towards him?

Owen felt sorry for it, but he thought it was not too late. Yes, if he only encourages the inferiority complex of this seemingly hard but soft inside monster a little bit more.

"..haha."

However, Arthur, who had been listening to Owen's sarcasm without a word with a firm look, suddenly burst into laughter. Then he picked up the little Odd Eye, stared straight at Owen and said.

"I already knew that Your Highness had my wife in mind, but I didn't know that you were desperate enough to play tricks on me."

"Ha, will I let you see whats going on inside? Do you really think so?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Do you really believe that much in Lady Grace? But what about this, last night Lady Grace and I met in the secret garden of this Alberton mansion alone."

"If that was the case, there must have been a good reason."

"Ha."

Arthur replied without wavering at Owen's words.