Chapter 53

❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅ ❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅

At the sound, Arthur and Grace simultaneously turned their heads towards the wall of the carriage behind which the coachman was located. Arthur briefly cleared his throat, refined his voice, and replied to the outside.

"Do that."

"Yes, Duke!"

Then the horsemans cheerful voice came, and the carriage carrying the two began to move slowly.

In the slow-moving carriage, Grace stared intently at Arthur, who was sneakily avoiding her gaze, then sighed briefly.

Arthur trembled at the sound of Grace's overtly frustrated sigh, but seeing him like that made Grace suddenly burst into laughter.

It was because it was somehow funny that this man, called the Cursed Duke, withdrew his body at the sound of her sigh.

"Oh my. If youre that much intimidated by me, I dont think I should interrogate you anymore."

Grace got up from her seat with a bitter smile and crept over to Arthur's side. After that, Grace leaned her head on Arthur's shoulder and spoke as Arthur nervously chased her with his eyes as she approached him.

"Then I'll give you some time to choose what to say. By the way, I also have something to say to the Duke."

"..what."

"I'm not going to tell you until the Duke tells me."

As Grace spoke teasingly, Arthur's gaze sank as she leaned on his shoulder and he looked down at Grace.

It was similar to Leon's, who was intimidated. While secretly thinking it was cute, Grace reached out and tenderly stroked Arthurs lower jaw, which was not covered by the mask, and said.

"I'm kidding. When we arrive at the mansion, there will be only the two of us left. Ill tell you then So please tell me then, Duke. What conversation you had with Your Highness about, and what happened."

"..My Lady."

"Our promise, you didn't forget, right? We decided not to hide anything."

Grace said, looking straight into Arthur's eyes, who still seems hesitant to bring out his innermost thoughts.

Just as she wanted to open up and discuss all the secrets and facts she had and found out, he also wanted to do the same.

Arthur, who was silently looking into Grace's straight eyes for a moment, soon smiled faintly and nodded.

"...All right. I will tell you everything without hiding."

"Good. Then I will be waiting for you."

With a satisfied expression on Arthur's answer, Grace leaned on Arthurs shoulder like a cute cat and dug into his arms.

[T/N: Awwww. Meow~ Meow~ =ω=]

Arthur lowered his shoulder so that Grace could lean more comfortably, placing his arms around her. Then he looked down at Grace's smiling face comfortably in her arms for a long time.

As the carriage drove towards Felix Castle, Arthur and Grace leaned on each other and spent a quiet time.

───※ ·❆· ※───

The Hidden Truth

In the beginning of the continent, there was a God who created the world.

He was the one who filled the empty world with light, darkness, and life.