Chapter 55

❅─────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅ ❅─────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

As soon as he heard those words, Owen's expression was coloured with astonishment. Owen said to the Emperor, swallowing the feeling that a scream was about to leak out.

"Brea-, breaking my curse. Father."

Fortunately, the monster seed that came out of my sisters body truly loves the bride he met this time. After using that girl to unleash the power of that monster, and the moment you stab a sword safely into her heart, your real long-cherished desire will come true.

"Gee, Im so grateful to the Alberton family for saying this. For us, the head of their family and the eldest daughter chase after you to lift your curse, not just to find out the secret hidden in Duke Felix's ugly pair of eyes. And their youngest daughter will become a sacrifice to release the curse related to you. Since we have received so much favour from them, we should recognize even good deeds when purging them in the future."

The Emperor's face, which looked as if he was fun just to imagine, was filled with ecstasy and cruelty.

Seeing this, Owen felt his heart drop.

He was overlooking it because he was only insisting on breaking up with that terrible woman, Marianne. That it must be accompanied by the sacrifice of the Duke Felixs most beloved to escape this curse that turned him into a monster.

The moment he remembered it, Owen's head trembled, feeling Grace's face overlapping the faces of Duchess Felix and his other fiancees, who had died miserably in front of his eyes so far.

At that moment, Owen shouted, clasping the hand of his father that was resting on his face.

"Oh, father! I have something to tell you!"

"Hmm? What is it? The story of the breakup with the young Marianne didn't end with you being a little more patient."

"No. That's not what Im talking about. I...."

"Okay. Tell me."

When the Emperor allowed his urge to speak quickly, Owen carefully opened his mouth.

"Can you just drive out the current Duchess Felix and make another sacrifice for him?"

"What?"

The Emperor's face then was distorted by absurdity after hearing Owen's words. Suddenly, he looked like he had no idea what his son was talking about.

However, Empress Maria had kept her eyes fixed on her son all the time and had been keenly examining his face. She immediately recognized the meaning of Owen's words and hardened her expression the moment she heard that.

Empress Maria shouted, hurriedly clutching her sons shoulder, with a face that had turned blue in an instant.

"You can't do that, dear."

"...Mother."

"No, you can't."

Empress Maria looked up at Owen with a face full of anxiety.

A little while ago, referring to the current Duchess Felix, Grace Felix, Owen's deep feelings that came to his mind, and his mother, if no one else knows, could tell.

Before that feeling could grow any bigger, she had to cut the buds from the beginning. Empress Maria turned her head and eagerly looked at the emperor next to her.

After that, the Emperor also spoke to Owen in a solemn voice.

"It can't be, Crown Prince. Its too late now. Didn't you see that? The eyes of the monster when he looks at his wife. And I heard that the sacrifice also seemed to have attached affection to the monster."