²⁰term-end exams

JULY
CHAPTER TWENTY
"term-end exams"

─────────────────

so it wasn't that hard. only like two or three questions that she managed to struggle on at every subject, but that was it. y/n was free from her first semester exams, and wouldn't need to worry about results next week.

though, that couldn't be said the same for her friends. the girl placed a scoop of coffee jelly into her mouth with raised brows, as she looked at all her friends with their heads down on the cafe table. they all decided to cancel their club session today, as everyone (except y/n and armin) were exhausted from their exams.

"was it really that hard?" the girl muttered, not understanding why her friends were dead.

"i don't think i've used my brain more than i have, in my life." connie mumbled, expression blank.

"you've never used your brain before calliou. shut up." jean retorted in the same tone, with the same expression.

"we have to do this for two more semesters?" eren asked tiredly.

"at least you're in your second year. wait until next year, then you can start complaining." mikasa told the boy, face down onto the table.

an exasperated groan left eren's mouth, sulking even more. y/n glanced at her friends, then to armin, who shared the same look as her. "you guys want some dessert? i'll buy more desserts." y/n asked, trying to cheer her friends up.

"yes please." they all muttered in sync, causing y/n to chuckle lightly.

"wanna come with me armin?" the tall girl asked the blonde.

he nodded, standing up. "yes please. i'm afraid i might lose braincells with these people."

walking away, the two then made it towards the front desk, lining up. "how was your exams 'min?"

he shrugged. "wasn't too bad. i struggled a bit on a couple subjects, but i managed. what about yours?"

"the usual. but i got confused on the english one cause of poetry." the girl muttered. "how is poetry 'posed to affect my future?"

armin chuckled at her statement. "speaking of future, you got anything planned after highschool?"

that was probably one of the things she feared the most. once she was done with high school, her scholarship is done, and she would have to move back to (home country). her parents had only allowed her to finish her high school years in japan, but after that, they wanted her to go to a better one. her parents would definitely want her to get a bachelor degree on sports management or science, but she wasn't too sure about."in all honesty, she never hated sports. but that was what managed to get her under the control of her parents. through sport. hence why she stopped. she was scared that once she got invested in it again, her parents would manage to take control of her again, and she didn't want that.

it wasn't that she was a vulnerable person, but it was that her parents were manipulative. and really good at it. with a bit of manipulation and persuasion, it was what managed to make their sports company to grow worldwide. to gain more investments, and eventually, money.

money was what all they cared about.

but what she actually wanted? she didn't know yet. as far as she knew, playing the drums was what made her happy. but to have it as a job? that sounded tiring.

"i have no clue." she told him. "maybe i can get into utokyo. then i'd be able to stay here for as much as i want."

"you mentioned you were half-japanese, right? do you have any other family here?" upon not receiving an answer, armin began to ramble. "i-i'm sorry! i didn't mean to ask a rational question! i just thought that since you mentioned it before-"

"it's alright. it doesn't affect me in a bad way." she cut him off, smiling. "but in all honesty, i have no clue as well. my mum is japanese, but i don't remember the names of my relatives here. just that they live somewhere in sendai."

armin sweatdropped. right, she struggled on remembering names. before he could say anything, it was already their turn to order. y/n looked at the cashier, smiling charmingly at him.

"hi, can i order two matcha shortcakes, three coffee jellies, three cappucinoes, a dozen red-bean doriyaki pieces, two strawberry milkshakes, one matcha latte, a chocolate parfait, annddd..." she turned her head to armin. "what drink do you want babe?"

armin looked up at the drink menu. "uhhhh, i'll just have the matcha latte as well. and can you add in three omurice please? eren mentioned something about wanting a meal, and connie and sasha would surely want some when they see his."

y/n nodded. "yeah sure," she then turned her head back to the cashier, who seemed to have frozen under all the meals spoken. "what he said. that's all."

shaking his head from his orevious state, the male nodded. "i-is that all?"

y/n chuckled. "a question you shouldn't ask, really. after hearing all of what i said, we'll probably raid out your whole cafe if you wanted me to order more food."

the cashier then grew flustered. what was he supposed to do when a gorgeous fucking woman, that seemed to be his age, maybe two years older, just talked to him normally?! everyone that he had managed to serve had always talked like the usual customers in those cooking/ordering games. well, the last part wasn't true. he just grew flustered cause the girl in front of him was really pretty.

"o-oh. gomen, cash or card then?" he asked softly, meeting her eyes.

y/n tilted her head, noticing the red tint on his cheeks, as well as the shy expression on his face. she smiled at him. "card please."

nodding, the boy motioned towards the debit card machine, as she paid. watching as it said 'approved', the girl placed her card away, before making eye contact with the guy again. "we'll serve y-you guys your order soon."

"cute." she stated, smiling at him, as the blush on his cheeks grew redder, as he knew that her statement was directed to him. "thanks."

as she turned around, both her and armin walking back to their table, the guy at the front cashier fell down to the floor, melting. "imayoshi-san, can i take my break now?"

the guy with glasses, imayoshi, looked at his friend, who was a blushing puddle on the floor. "get back up on your feet sakurai. and why the fuck did this person order so much?!"