Chapter 13

Stiles opens his eyes. He's still alone, still no Peter. The Wild Hunt is preparing to take all of Beacon Hills and move on to the next town.

Stiles knows for certain that he won't survive the portal, and he knows deep inside himself that the radio will never work again. So, all he can do is wait and hope and try not to go crazy.

He's intently staring at the arrivals board when he hears a whisper, and at first he can't be sure that it's not his own imagination.

"Stiles." the voice whispers again.

"Peter?"

Before Stiles can even begin to investigate if the voice is real, the sound of the PA crackling to life distracts him.

'Attention, all passengers. The train will be arriving in 25 minutes.'

Stiles freezes. The announcement has never changed before. If the train is arriving, the Wild Hunt must be ready to move on from Beacon Hills. His chances of survival are rapidly decreasing.

"Peter?" Stiles calls frantically, trying to push his way from the sudden crowd of people moving towards the train platform.

It's faint, like an echo, but Stiles can still hear his name being called.

"Stiles, look at me."

"Peter, wait!" Stiles calls again, panic rising as he fights through the crowd that's growing thicker by the second.

And just as Stiles feels like he might get swept away by the mass of people, a gunshot rings out, clear and loud in the train station. Stiles and the others freeze, expecting to see a Ghost Rider.

"Give the boy some room!" Noah orders.

"Dad?" Stiles asks, unable to believe what he sees. "Dad?"

Noah pushes forward and wraps his arms around his son, pulling him into a hug. "Oh god." he says. "I found you." He pulls back, looking at Stiles. "I can't believe I found you."

"Dad, I think I can hear Peter calling me. I think I can get to him, and he can get us out of here." Stiles says.

"Peter?."

"Long story dad, but yeah, Peter Hale, love of my life."

"Really, Peter Hale?."

Stiles was about to respond when the sound of horses echo through the train station.

"You need to get out of here. Don't worry about me." he says as he turns away from Stiles and heads towards the sound of the Ghost Riders.

"What, you're kidding, right?"

"Go." Noah says. "Get help. Find your friends, find Peter."

"What about you?"

Noah smiles at Stiles. "We'll find each other again son."

"Dad." Stiles tries one more time as the sound of horses gets closer.

"Stiles, I'll hold them back. Now get the hell out of here." he encourages. "Go. Go!"

Stiles hesitates for a heartbeat, and then he runs, leaping off the platform and into the tunnel.

He runs towards the portal, it's glowing green and bright, even without anyone from the Wild Hunt passing through.

Stiles grits his teeth and starts pushing forward, moving towards the light, forcing himself past the weakening force field.

Peter's voice calls out to him, distant and echoey. "Stiles, don't stop! Keep going! I can see you, Stiles. Don't stop!"