Chapter 7: Kao-chan (Part One)

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Y/N's POV:

"Add some more emotion... Feel as if you are the person himself!"

"... Right."

"Embrace it, flail your arms in the air~!"

"... Right."

"Transcend beyond your limits, Spread your wings! Let go, feel free and become the most fleeting person you'll ever be~!"

"... Right."

...

It was 5:00 in the afternoon, and a rather intense atmosphere, as Kaoru continued to help me with acting. She was giving spot on tips that I can use when we're rehearsing some lines. It turns out, they're somehow quite vague and ridiculous, but pretty effective when you think of it consistently.

I was glad she was really serious about doing this but...

...

...

HOW THE HELL IS DOING THIS WHILE ORDERING IN A FAST-FOOD GOING TO HELP?!

...

...

We were standing at the counter for... quite a while now and we haven't made our orders. I can't order properly if she'll keep on cutting me off when I'm about to speak out our orders! 

 "A-Ano... Kaoru-san, are you and your friend going to make an order?" The blue haired girl in the counter, asked with a rather small and awkward smile. I could sense that she was tensing up as well. This was one of the most terribly timed moments in my life,

"Ah~! If it isn't our dearest Kanon.. I'm raising my squire to be a true-"

"You said that SO MANY MANY TIMES already, so PLEASE stop! It's actually embarrassing!" I stiffened up with an awkward smile, gritting my teeth and hoping this embarrassment would end.

"Ahahaha~, A-Alright... So, what would it be?" She then went on to ask us our orders, and here I was hoping that we can finally make an order properly...

...

But, Kaoru was relentless... And IT WASN'T HELPING AT ALL.

...

"This is your chance, my dear squire~! Go ahead and order in the most fleeting way as possible-"

"I can't say our orders if you keep on interrupting me-"

...

...

"HEY!!! MOVE IT!!! WHAT'S TAKING IT SO LONG FOR YOU TO ORDER?!!!"

"WE'VE BEEN STANDING HERE FOR 45 MINUTES!!!"

"MOVE IT YA' SLOWPOKES!!!"

...

...

F-FORTY FIVE MINUTES?!!!! FUCK, NOW IT'S REALLY SERIOUS!!!

I turn to see a long line of angry customers, their patience finally running out. With the circumstances we both are in, I can't help but feel a wave of shame wash over me. I apologetically looked at the customers, glaring at me and ranting that we should make our orders and finally move on.

It was even worse that the other counters weren't available at that time. 

"Fuuee~!!! C-Calm down all of you~!" The blue haired counter girl named Kanon, tried her best to calm down the other customers.