chapter sixty two

THIRD PERSON POV:

The ladies stood on stage, each one wearing a rendition of their old acapella outfits. The yellow ascotts and light blue vests were shed into new light as the Bella's set out to leave an impression in acapella forever. After a beat or two, the ladies started to do a The ladies stand on stage and do a complex clap, snap, hand routine.

"Who runs the world? Girls. We run this mother!" Beca sang and the other girls started singing with her, mashing Beyonce's song with an oldie of "We Belong."

Adding their dancing, the women all moved downstage, morphing into one line as the crowd sang with them, giving them all their energy. Each Bella joins in and holds only one note. It was simple, stripped down and emotional and each girl couldn't be more proud of the things they've accomplished. Motioning to Emily, the freshman stepped forward to solo.

"When tomorrow comes/i'll be on my own/feeling frightened of the things that I don't know/when tomorrow comes." Emily and Beca sang beautifully.

The lights had dimmed down to just spotlights, creating a big halo-like spotlight over the two girls before it faded on Beca and it shone on just Emily now.

"This is unprecedented. The Bellas have chosen to do an original song." John gasped, getting choked up and emotional.

"Ordinarily I'd be coughing up blood in anger, and yet, it's so damn beautiful." Gail agreed, allowing the tears to well in her eyes.

"Like a baby fawn. Sipping morning dew. From a buttercup." John smiled.

"But you're my flashlight/you're getting me through the night..." Emily sang. The lights all went on, revealing the many generations of Bella's including Aubrey and Katherine Junk, all singing in harmony of Emily's original song.

Katherine Junk couldn't be more proud of her daughter. Aubrey couldn't be more proud of Chloe and Beca, knowing that she left the fate of the Bella's in the right hands. And y/n, y/n couldn't be more proud for each and every one of them. No matter what happens, they really left it all out on the stage.

The entire crowd erupted in a sea of light, using whatever they could to join in on the song. Some used lighters, others used glow sticks and the most common one was their phones. It was definitely a night to remember for everyone. When the song was over, the crowd erupted in fits of tears and joyous hoops and hollers. They wanted more.

The Bella's held each other tight on stage, tears in their eyes and the generations of Bella's came to hug it out. Chloe made eye contact with y/n on the side of the stage and ran to her, pulling her into a rib crushing hug.

"You were amazing baby!" Y/n breathed, "I'm so so proud of you."

"Thank you. We really sang our heart out." Chloe panted a little, cheeks rosy.

"And you sounded like an angel."

Chloe giggled, pulling her girlfriend into a kiss as a thank you before pulling away, "You're my flashlight."

"Simple, raw, vulnerable, exposed... I've been called many things, Gail, but let me add one more. Impressed." John announced into the microphone, eating his words that the Bella's could make something good of themselves at World's.

"I think we all know who the winner is tonight, John." Gail felt the pride swell in her chest as she watched the Bella's interact on stage.

YOUR POV:

We were back at the Bella's house for a few more nights, the girls being freshly crowned World Champions of Acapella and of course we had to not only have a celebration, but they had to officially add Emily to the group.

Emily was standing in front of the group, a hazardous amount of lit candles around her and my sister handed the brunette a large wine glass. Emily looked at it, looked over at me and Chloe from over her shoulder where I took a swig straight from the bottle, and Emily looked back over to my sister.

"It's ceremonial. And you should definitely not drink it because it is essentially poison." Beca spoke, remembering her ceremony.

Emily cautiously leaned forwards and smelled it, "Aw, it smells like cherry and vanilla."

"Okay, repeat after me. I, sing your name." Chloe told her, walking over to now stand by Beca.

Once Emily had sung her name my girlfriend could continue the speech.

"Promise to uphold the ideals of a Bella woman forever."

"Promise to uphold the ideals of a Bella woman forever." Emily repeated.

"And that's it. That's the end of the speech. Nothing weird happens after that." Beca sucked in a breath and released an awkward chuckle before handing Emily the sacred house keys, "These are for you. Don't go into the basement. It's haunted."

"Well hello, Casper." Emily snorted, taking the house keys and putting them in her pocket.

"Wait!" Fat Amy yelled, "One last thing. Every Bella must christen the house by sliding down the staircase."

Emily looked at the three of them confused, "Are you serious." Before turning to me, "Is she serious?"

"It's tradition." Beca smirked.

"I'll show you." Fat Amy grinned, grabbing the green snow sled and pushed past us all on the way to the stairs, "Move out the way skinny bitches."

When she got to the top of the stairs, she set the sled down and sat on it, giving herself a push. She made her way down the stairs and it wasn't elegant by any means. When she got to the bottom, the aussie stood in all her glory, oozing confidence., "Crushed it."

"Good form." I gave her a thumbs up.

Fat Amy saluted me, "I am ready to move on. Legacy, you're up!"

The younger girl looked like a deer caught in headlights, still tightly gripping the wine glass so she did what any reasonable person would do. Chugging the entire glass, she burped, excusing herself and handed Beca the empty cup before grabbing the sled from Fat Amy and making her way to the top of the stairs.

"Y/n, I just want to say while I'm slightly drunk that you are just really hot. Chloe I mean that respectively, please do not lock me in the haunted basement."

Chloe giggled, coming over to me and standing in front of me, wrapping my arms around her waist, "Don't worry, girl. You're safe this time. I know she's fine."

Emily nodded, taking a few deep breaths. From the bottom of the stairs I could still see how white her knuckles became from gripping the sled handles tight.

"Alright I'm ready! Let's do this!" Emily gave herself a pep talk before boosting herself down the stairs.

a/n: alright so the second movie is over and done with. thoughts so far???

I'm gonna write the third movie, but I think I want to do a few filled chapters of Chloe, Y/n, Beca, Aubrey and Emily all living life. How does that sound?

Anything specific you would like to see happen?? Angst??

thank you all for reading <3