Chapter 7

~~~

I slowly opened my eyes, looking around the room. All the memories from last night flooded in my mind.

Perfect.

It was perfect.

I've never felt better.

I looked at my side and found Dion sleeping. His naked body is a sight for sore eyes. His broad shoulders, his eight-pack, his strong chest and those slender, tattooed arms. Last night, I didn't really pay attention to them but now I take my time and took a great look. A rose, a tiger, a few quotes...they looked beautiful.

I traced my black, stiletto nails over his chest and enjoyed the peace we had.

But nothing lasts forever.

As much as I enjoyed this night with Dion more than anything in my life...I must leave.

I must do it.

Even if maybe he doesn't deserve it.

My mind wandered back to Sam and our party. I grabbed my phone and saw 5 missed calls from Sam, 12 from my mom and 3 from my dad.

Fuck!

Trying not to wake Dion up, I carefully stood up and put the dress I had on yesterday. I grabbed my heels and my purse and ran out of the room. I was so exhausted from our night that I couldn't even walk in my heels so I ran barefoot.

The first thing I did when I got into the lobby was call Sam.

"Adeline! Finally!"

I cringed and put a hand on my forehead. "I'm so sorry, Sam. I'm so sorry."

"Where were you, babe? We were so scared."

"Uh I- , can- can we talk later, please? I'm fine by the way, you don't have to worry."

"Of course, I'll come to yours later."

"Alright, see you."

I ended the call and made my way outside. A few taxis were parked in front of the hotel so I took a chance and got into one.

"Campbell's mansion, please."

~~~

I winced when I crossed my legs but immediately tried to cover it up with a cough since Sam looked at me with a weird expression.

"My legs hurt...from the heels."

Sam nodded and took a sip of his Tequila. "Can you finally tell me what happened yesterday?"

I already practiced the whole fake story about yesterday. Thankfully my parents believed me so now it's Sam's turn.

"Um...so- I got a little bit of drunk yesterday after I left you. Then I went outside to get fresh air and stumbled on a branch, fell, then broke my heel. Since I was very drunk, one of the bodyguards saw me and helped me upstairs and booked me a room. I fell asleep and when I woke up I saw how you guys were so worried." I breathed out and grabbed Sam's hands in mine. "I'm very sorry, babe. I hope that you and your family are not mad at me."