107- Broken Rules

Carlisle looked back at Aro, an attempt of a smile on his face. "Aro, great to see you again. Although I wish it were under different circumstances."

"Yes," Aro replied, his voice even and devoid of emotion. His eyes left Carlisle as he glanced at Jasper and me. "And who is.." his voice cut out as his eyes widened in recognition. "My, Emma. You look different. I almost didn't recognize you."

Jasper reached his arm to grab my hand, not liking the attention being on me. Aro's eyes traveled back to Jasper because of this. "Glad to see you saved your lover after our last visit," Aro continued.

"Why don't we get to the matter at hand," Carlisle suggested, not liking the strange conversation. "Let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner."

I could see others in their group looking over our group, trying to see exactly who we had on our side and why they were there. We outnumbered them, as I had suspected, and all of them were looking back at the pack, not liking their presence.

Aro spoke up again. "Strange words, Carlisle, for the battalion you've assembled."

"We're not here to fight," Carlisle answered. "We're here to talk."

Aro's eyes left Carlisle once again, looking at Jasper and me. He reached his hand out toward Marcus, who took his hand, letting Aro see all our bonds clearly without guessing. Both their eyes traveled from Jasper and me to Seth and Charlotte, who were standing behind Sam.

"I see the young child is here," Aro said, not looking away from the pack. "And it seems you have broken more laws than I thought."

"She's not an immortal child, Aro. You have been told wrong information." Carlisle spoke to Aro as if we were having a casual conversation. "Emma gave birth to her, and she grows every day."

"False!" Caius screamed out, not believing Carlisle.

Aro held up his hand, silencing Caius as he turned to Jasper. "I would like to get information from a trusted source. Jasper, please come."

I let go of Jasper's hand and watched him make his way across the field. He reached Aro and held out his hand for Aro to take. As Aro did, I felt someone move behind me. Someone's hand rested on my shoulder, and I glanced to see Emmet standing beside me, ready to help if necessary.

Aro's eyes glazed over before he mumbled, "Incredible." He let go of Jasper's hand, looking at him in awe. "I would like to meet her," Aro said, looking at me.

I gave him a nod, knowing this was the best course of action, before looking at Sam. "Come on, kids," I said, getting Seth's attention.

Seth gripped Charlotte's hand in his tightly while leading her over to me. I placed my hand on Charlotte's shoulder as Emmet walked next to Seth. The four of us walked up to Aro and stopped next to Jasper.

"Aro," I said kindly, "meet Charlotte."

Charlotte reached out her hand as Aro kneeled down to greet her. Instead of taking his hand, she placed her hand on his face, showing him her memories. I watched her with pride as she handled the situation well.

"Incredible," Aro said as he stood back up. He leveled himself with me, ready to talk once again. "It seems your family is more than meets the eye," he told me. "They all take after you."

"Thank you," I told him, giving him a small smile.

"May I?" He held out his hand as he spoke, wanting to see my memories.

I held my hand out and took his hand in mine. I felt his power wash over me, letting me see all his memories if I so choose. Instead, I shook off his power, not wanting it to overtake me. I watched his reaction as he saw everything I had been through, and I saw him smile in astonishment.