𝟐𝟖. ✭ 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐗𝐓𝐎𝐍 ✭

Adriana has acted strange and rather standoffish since the two of us had our little moment in the theater room. I'm not going to pretend to know why, since I hardly know the woman, but it would appear she has some sort of commitment issues. Not that I thought she wanted to commit to me, necessarily, or found me as the commitment-worthy type, but she has definitely put some distance between her and myself since then.

It's been like a game of cat and mouse around her. One moment she's joking with me and flirting, the next she's rather serious or flat out ignoring me like I don't exist. That, to me, waved the red flag of serious trust and commitment issues. She doesn't want to get too attached so she pulls away before she can or before I pick up the inkling that she actually does, indeed, care about me.

Who knows, I may be way off base but everything she's doing hits a little too close to home. What she's doing I have been known to do in the past. I would probably be doing it with her right now if she wasn't already the one doing it to me. Can't say I've ever been on the receiving end and I can't say I like it either.

Today is one of those days where she's ignoring me again, pretending that I don't exist. It's kind of irritating because she's swimming in a bathing suit that barely covers her body and I would very much like her to acknowledge the fact that I'm here, that I, in fact, do exist. I want her to get out and paw at me, talk about all the dirty things she wants to do with me, like she's done so many times before. I want her to tease me in ways that only she knows how.

  But she isn't. And it's aggravating.

  I suppose her lack of acknowledgment is for the best though. It's not like anything can really become of the two of us. If she knew the reason I was here she'd probably want me dead and not naked. Not that she wants me naked. Not that I want to be naked with her. Fuck. Yes. Yes, I want to be naked with her.

This situation is entirely fucked.

I glance over to her soaking wet body as it slips onto a pool float. It's an action that has my eyes roaming over her for the millionth time this afternoon. Half of me wants to strip and jump in there with her. Wants to grab her and kiss her. Wants to bend her over the side of the pool and pound into her senselessly. Wants to feel both of her tits in my hands. My brain conjures an image of her bare chest, blonde hair hanging loosely like a veil around her shoulders. Those eyes. Those goddamn fuck me eyes, ones she gave me while her tits were in my mouth.

"I may have sunglasses on but that doesn't mean I can't see you eye-fucking me." Thank fuck. She's stopped ignoring me. Wait. Do I want her to stop ignoring me? "You're thinking about jumping in here and fucking me senseless, aren't you?"

Yes. One-hundred-percent. Right on the damn nose. Took the words right out of my skull.

I look around to make sure I don't have an audience before answering, "yeah, maybe I am. That bathing suit doesn't leave much to the imagination." Which has my filthy imagination going all over the place.

"You've already seen my tits and I'm sure you've seen many a naked woman. It's not like there's going to be much of anything in the imagination department anyway." I can practically see the eye roll she gives me through her sunglasses. What she doesn't understand is, aside from all the sexual shit she says and does, I am not supposed to want her. After getting to know her, that makes me want her even more. "It's all the same difference."

"No, it's different with you." I close my mouth immediately after blurting those words.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She raises her glasses to look directly at me, eyes holding mine in a questioning manner. "Please, bear man, do tell."