Chapter 50

"Try to tell you
                       what i think and
                   play it off like a joke."

"Jade? Max? Some help in here?" Scott yelled from his room. Jade threw her book onto her face in annoyance. Didn't they understand that she needed time and that she didn't wanna talk about it? Okay, so maybe it wasn't about Matt, considering Melissa was being choked by the kanima while Gerard sat in Scott's chair.

Max pulled out two daggers, his steps faltering when they stepped into the room. Scott flicked out his claws as Gerard laughed in triumph. "Come on, let's be realistic about who's got the upper hand here."

Jade waved her hand, the kanima hissing at her but still not releasing Melissa. Was it a good idea? No, probably not as it didn't even work and Gerard would more than likely have a hit on her next.

"Well look at that. You've got a witch in your family! But you can put your magic away for now. All I want to do is talk. You haven't been answering your phone, Scott."

"I wonder why that might be. Maybe it's cause you're an old fossil who wants to kill us all," Max wondered out loud. "Let her go. What do you even want?"

"I want what I've always wanted. Derek and his pack."

"You have them all in hiding. How am I supposed to know where they are?" Scott exclaimed. This man was genuinely delusional if he thought that they were going to tell him where the alpha and his betas were.

"I think with the proper motivation, you could draw them out. And if you hadn't noticed, I have some fairly impressive means of persuasion," he motioned towards Jackson. "Why do you think I'm able to control him? You all know the myth. The kanima's a weapon of vengeance."

"This is about Kate?"

"Of course it is. Murdering sociopaths must run between you and your daughter," Jade remarked.

"I didn't just come here to bury my daughter, I came to avenge her!" Gerard stated, choosing to ignore the comment the blonde had made.

The kanima suddenly released his hold on Melissa at Gerard's nod. Jade waved her hand in just enough time, setting her aunt on the floor to soften the fall. The woman began to cough, gasping for breath after being choked for so long. "Are you okay?" they asked, kneeling down as Gerard and the kanima left.

"I don't know what's happening. I don't know what that thing was or even what you's are, but whatever he wants, just give it to him," she cried.

They sighed in exasperation. They couldn't just give him what he wanted. That would end with everything being even worse than what it already was. "Mom, it's not that easy," Scott tried to explain.

"Do what he wants. Just give him what he wants."

There was too many weird things happening lately, and she just wanted it all to be over. Her niece being described as 'a witch,' her nephew having guns and daggers on him at all times, her son turning into some kind of creature and a lizard thing breaking into their house and attacking them.

"I don't know if I can."

                                       ~

"Would you mind seeing who that was?" Deaton asked any one of the three teenagers in his clinic. Scott was there for work, but why the twins were there he didn't know. It seemed that they came as a package deal, with Stiles added to the mix too. The dogs in the other room started to bark profusely, making them all cast worried glances at each other. Whoever, or whatever, was in the waiting area, weren't welcome.