The Great Escape (T)

The Great Escape written by Apple_Brooklyn

i. COVER & TITLE

I really like this cover! I like the colour, I like that it's legible, but it is slightly...simple? I mean, it is a great cover, but it doesn't have that--for lack of a better word--crispness that a professionally designed cover has. The last thing that irks me about this cover is the use of the underscore there in the name. I know it's your username, but it's not as professional or 'crisp' as just putting the pen name your write under.

As for your title, I do like it as well, but again, it's a little simple and a little overused. In addition, you don't really allude to it nor explain it at all in the blurb, so we don't really know how it relates. Titles don't always have to make perfect sense right off the bat, but they should at least have some sort of relation to either the cover or blurb to be really effective.

ii. BLURB

While I do like your blurb and do find it to give me a pretty good idea of what I'm going to read, it doesn't really give me enough. I know what the conflict is, but I'm not really sure what's going to happen in the book beyond that conflict--what the solution is. Saying she is plunged into the icy water of death, betrayal and conspiracies is a great metaphor, but it lacks any concrete details--what is actually going to happen in this story? Perhaps it's worth rearranging your blurb so the reader can find out a bit more about the actual plot.

1 0 / 1 5

i

i. GRAMMAR

semicolons

A semicolon is a useful form of punctuation that separates two independent yet related clauses. Because both clauses must be independent, a semicolon is interchangeable with a period, and it's only preferred over the period in some cases because the sentences are so closely related. However, the semicolon is often used in place of a comma, which is incorrect. For example: