Chapter Forty

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled, yawning as I slipped on some sweatpants. It was storming and
four in the morning. Who in the world would be knocking at this hour?

They continued to knock which annoyed me because I would rather be snuggled up to Athena right now. I opened the door with an attitude. "Rosa, Kano. Why are you guys here?" They looked between each other worried. "If you don't speak I will slam this door and go back to my very comfortable bed."

They both took a deep breath then spoke at the same time. "Wren's in the hospital." My heart actually stopped.

"Sabrina?"

"We don't know where she is. Do-"

"No." I cut her off. "I have to wake her. We'll be down there soon."

"She's at your hospital." I nodded and closed the door. My mind was all over the place but I needed to stay calm. Jogging into the room, Athena was sleeping peacefully and I hated that I had to wake her up with bad news. I kissed all over her face, trying to wake her up peacefully. "Baby, wake up."

Her smile warmed my heart. She groaned but turned towards me and brought me closer to her. "What time is it?"

"Three in the morning. I have to tell you something." She fluttered her eyes open and stretched before sitting up against the headboard. It made a creaking sound which made both of us laugh.

"Did you break the bed?" She asked with a warm smile.

"I think that was all you." She rolled her eyes. "But seriously, I need to tell you something." She looked at me with sleepy eyes and I took a deep breath. "Wrens in the hospital. But-"

"What? Which one? Can we go see her?" Her legs were off the bed and she was ready to go.

"One your naked." She almost immediately grabbed her cover and covered herself. "And yes we can go see her but I don't know what condition she's in." She rushed out of the bed, leaving the cover behind and in a second she was in a crop top and leggings, sliding on one of my hoodies.

I slipped on a t-shirt and a hoodie before rushing out of the door behind Athena. I could see her anxiousness as we drove so I grabbed her hand and interlocked them, squeezing it reassuringly. As soon as I parked she ran out of the car and to the doors with me following behind her.

"Wren Sinclair. I don't fucking know her middle name!" She yelled at the receptionist who was giving her an attitude.

I walked over to the two. "Wren Adams."

"Oh Boss. I was just telling this woman-"

"I don't care what you were telling her. Your fired."

She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "B- But sir, I didn't do anything."

"You disrespected my woman. Your fired and have one of the nurses fill in." She looked back and forth between Athena and I before nodding and leaving.

A nurse came almost instantly and searched the name up. "You'll be able to see her soon."

"How long exactly is that?" Athena asked.

"Thirty minutes max." She sighed deeply, chewing on her bottom lip and walking to the waiting area. The whole family was there and when they saw us they stood and embraced Athena in a hug. They all knew about the baby and how close Athena and Wren got. When they pulled away from her she walked over to me, starting to silently sob. I walked us back to a chair and pulled her into my lap.

"She's okay. I promise she's okay." I reassured kissing her hair and rubbing her back. It broke my heart that she was crying and I couldn't do anything about it. After some time she ended up falling asleep in my lap and Kano walked over.