chapter 74

D E V O T I O N

Antonio had showed me to our hotel room as soon as we got here

Antonio had showed me to our hotel room as soon as we got here. He told me that he'd be back in a couple hours but didn't specify where he was going. I didn't ask. I trusted him.

I used this time explore the place. It was huge.

I walked out onto the balcony and my heart nearly dropped as I saw the sparkling water all around us. The waves flowed gently towards the shore, the salty hair hitting my nose.

It was around four when we landed so the late afternoon sun brought me comfort.

After some time I hopped into the shower and massaged some moisturizing lotion into my skin.

Antonio texted me, telling me to put my dress back on and go downstairs as soon as I was ready.

I stepped out of the elevator but he was no where to be seen. I walked some more but stopped as I reached two glass doors.

My heart nearly dropped as I saw my reflection standing in front of me. In human form.

My hands flew up to my face to cover my mouth as tears brimmed in my eyes. I shook my head in disbelief until I heard his voice.

"Hey sis."

There he was.

Six foot tall. Short black hair. In a suit. Same brown eyes. Tanned skin. Broad chest.

"Nereus..." I breathlessly say and he smiles at me. "Oh my God," I shake my head. "How did- no-"

He cuts me off by pulling me into his arms. Hesitantly, I wrap my arms around him. We stay like that until I finally pull away.

"I'll explain everything to you later, but right now I have to walk you down the isle or a very scary man is going to put a bullet through my skull," he smiles and I smile but in confusion.

He stands next to me, extending his arm and I take it. He hands me a bouquet of flowers and I smile, holding onto them.

"How- please tell me now."

What's going on.

"Antonio?" he slowly says and I nod. "Yeah well he tracked me down, we had a couple drinks- well actually he broke into my house in the middle of the night and dragged me into my living room. He pointed his gun at me and told me we needed to talk," Nereus says and I can't help but laugh.

"What?" I ask as we step outside.

"He told me that he was marrying you, I laughed in his face, he shot Marisol - my plant I won at a fair - and then he told me what the rest of my life would be like if I didn't show up in time to walk you down the isle."

"He did that? When?" I ask as we step onto the sand.

I look up to see Antonio standing in front of the beautiful sunset underneath a curved wedding arch that was covered in pink flowers. There was a pathway made with wooden planks across and candles on their side of it that lead up to him.