0:18

The air was light, the sky lit up with stars and or satellites and once again Shane found herself in the North side of Chicago. At this point she had just accepted that she was poking a bear, and it was either she stopped living in fear, or would choose to wait for her past to collide with her head on. And she chose to live.

She honestly could not believe that she had allowed something as small as fear to prohibit her from putting her best foot forward.

It was games night, and instead of going out like last time - tonight was a night in. Though it was supposed to be held at Haines City, Hendrichs had changed the location to his place. This was so they could have proper food, and honestly because Helena wanted to play host to this particular team building session.

Where she would normally avoid being at one since the whole ordeal between herself and Michael, tonight she wanted to be at the center of it all.

Shane’s eyes brushed over the neighborhood as Annalise drove them to his place. The time sat at seven forty-five, and for some reason they were going to be early tonight, unlike the other time when she was late. It was probably because she didn’t need another mishap occurring being that she only had the one wicket she had asked for.

She sighed, letting the music calm her nerves. She didn’t know what to expect, especially since both Hendrichs and herself had completely ignored each other’s presence during the day.

She’d spent most of her time with Amaru and Michael, and he had secluded himself not even daring to pass a remark her way, or even an insult - not that she was checking for it. She, herself had done her best to work by herself, airpods in at all times - she definitely had not shared a laugh today.

She hadn’t breathed a single word to anyone about the staredown that occurred between them last night. She felt like it wasn’t news to share at all, and would be something she took right to her grave.

It was down right embarrassing for her to find a man who is misogynistic and would most likely be patriarchal, attractive, even if it was for a few seconds. She shuddered each time the thought crossed her mind.

“Ouu girl, what song is that?” Shane immediately asked as the beat of this particular song filled up the car. She hadn’t paid it any mind, but the way the chorus had captivated her mind made her want to ask. She turned up the sound, as she moved her head along to the sound of the music.

“That’s treat me, it’s so good right?” Annalise softly chuckled as she sang along to the song, showing that this wasn’t her first listen. It was playing on the radio, and not from her phone since her phone was currently sitting on fifteen percent. She just couldn’t risk her phone shutting down with the way the apple battery was wired.

“That’s Chloe?” Shane asked, kind of shocked that she liked her song. The last one, or the songs that she’d done with her sister had not really been her cup of tea, but this one sounded so good. With the way the lyrics were hitting her spot, this honestly sounded like it had potential to be her new anthem.

“That’s Ms. Madam,” she responded with a head nod, and Shane pursed her lips in surprise as she quietly enjoyed the music. According to the gps, they would be at his place in five minutes' time.

“What are these team building situations usually like? I just want to be prepared?” Annalise nervously asked, which honestly made Shane smile in adoration. If anything, Annalise was literally the cutest human being, the way she carried herself, the way she was so shy and innocent, it was so sweet to her.

“I’ve only really ever been to one. So I'm not an expert, but, it seems like it's really a chance for the workers to bond, and know each other. Build some form of trust or something like that. He usually has them like once a week I think, again, I'm not an expert," she shrugged within her seat, looking out the window again.