I'm No Hero

After the bright light had gone away, Kirito, Yui, and I found ourselves in a futuristic corridor.

U/N: This doesn't look like it's part of the game.

Kirito: Yui? Do you know where we are?

Yui: I don't know. There is no mapping data here.

Kirito: Then what about Asuna?

Yui: Yes. She is very close. This way!

She stood up and started to run down the hallway to which we followed her. She had stooped a little bit after and made a hole through the wall and continued down yet another hallway. When we hit a dead end, the three of us tried to push on it like it was a door and sure enough it opened and we were outside on the branches of the tree. We were looking down at Alfhiem from above.

Kirito: Is this the top of the world tree?

U/N: Pretty sure it is. But I heard there was supposed to be some sort of floating city up here.

Kirito: I agree. There was never any "Grand Quest."

Yui tugged on Kirito's coat, snapping him out of thought.

Kirito: Yeah. We need to get Asuna out of here first.

He started looking at something so I traced where he was looking and saw the golden bird cage from the pictures that were taken. Kirito took ahold of Yui's hand and ran up the path to it and I followed behind them. Getting closer we made out the silhouette of an individual, Asuna, and seeing that only made Kirito and Yui run faster to get to her.

"Something isn't right.... This feels like a trap"

Akira had whispered to me.

U/N: 'I know. But we need to get to her out of here.'

I mentally said back.

By the time we had reached the caged door, it was sunset and we saw Asuna with her head down on some kind of bed.

Yui: Mommy!

She lifted her head off of the rest and looked toward us.

Asuna: Yui.

Yui used a code to open the gate and she had already ran in to give her a reunion hug. Kirito looked at me and I nodded to him.

Asuna: Kirito.

She wiped away the tears from her cheeks.

Kirito: Hey, sorry I took so long.

They lightly pressed their foreheads together and smiled.

Kirito: Asuna, There is someone else here too.

Asuna: Someone? Who?

I walked over and waved my hand.

U/N: Hey, Red Riding Hood.

Her eyes widened at me.

Asuna: U/N?

The only thing I could do was give a sincere smile and nod to her reply.

U/N: Hope your ready to go home.

She nods back.

Kirito: Yui, can you log Asuna out from here.

Yui shook her head.

Yui: No I can't. Her user is locked by very confusing codes. The only way I can log her out is with a system terminal.

Asuna: I saw one in the lab..

I caught on to something strange so I turn around and quickly draw my sword but after I did that, the gravity felt way heavier than what it did before. And it only got worse until we were on our knees.