25

valerie

the car ride was mostly quiet, a few words exchanged between jules and rue every now and then.

we arrived at the party which was filled with drunken people left and right. i sighed knowing it'll be a long night.

jules got out first and ran towards the party making rue rush her way out with jules. 'ight so i ain't going in,' fezco said turning around to face me. 'you're missing the party?' i asked kind of upset. 'yeah, we have to do sum real quick but i can pick you up,' he responded while looking over to ash. 'ash, you can't come either?'

'nah im sorry ma.' he said without looking at me, i shake my head and make my way out the car. 'thanks fez, i'll text you soon!' i shout as i walk towards the house. i didn't bother looking back and went straight inside to where jules was with kat. 'i think im going to get really fucked tonight,' kat told jules.

'hm, same.' she said back with a red solo cup in her hand, swaying to the music. 'let's take shots,' jules shouted and ran over to the table filled with bottles of tequila and vodka, she grabbed a bottle and ran back to kat.

'tequila makes me aggressive,' kat spat after she took a shot. 'ugh, tequila makes me want to dance,' jules said looking over to me. 'come have some too val,'

i shook my head awkwardly and stood next to rue. 'i once took, like, ten vicodin, and drank an entire thing of tequila and then like, blacked out for three days. but while I was blacked out i like, still went to school and did homework and shit. it was really weird.' rue said before pressing her lips together and giving a small nod. 'well let's not do that tonight,' kat chuckled out.

i have a weak smile to rue and watched jules getting even more drunk by each passing second. 'well im clean now so i good...' rue responded. 'wait a minute, i was supposed to be your chaperone but now I'm drunk.' jules hiccuped which made me pull a face and look at rues bitter expression. 'i actually don't need a chaperone.' she replied bluntly.

i backed up a little, 'im going to the bathroom,' i said putting my hands up in a apologetic way and made my way out of the crowd.

i found an empty bathroom upstairs and decided to stay a little in there.

i take my phone out from my pocket and scrolled through tiktok.

--

i heard loud banging coming from outside the door. 'get the fuck out, im about to fucking piss myself,' a loud slurred voice shouted. i closed the current app i was on and checked the time to see that i've stayed 30 minutes in the bathroom doing nothing. i got up and straightened out my clothes and walked out the room.

i made my way down the stairs to find the house surprisingly more crowded than it was before, i could barely breath so i headed towards the back door.

i stumbled out in the cold air and smiled to myself. i love weather like this.

i walked around the pool and saw a particular someone sitting on the couch. 'ash?' i called out to which made the boy turn his head around with a small smile on his face.

it was indeed ash and i ran towards the couch where he was, there was two other guys and girls sitting on the couch with him and around him leaving no space for me. i stood next to the couch and gave everyone a small awkward smile.

ash pulled my arm which made me fall into his lap, he grunted a little and let out small laugh which made me laugh too. i made myself comfortable and realised that everyone around us were staring at us. my face went red and i looked towards the pool to save the embarrassment.

'sooo, you two are dating?' one of the girls asked, glaring at me. the fuck was this bitches problem?

i pressed my lips together and looked at ash who just sat there smirking.

after everyone realised none of us were going to respond they went back to their original conversations which left me out so i just sat there looking around and letting the cold breeze hit my face.

everyone was dressed up, except some of the guys who just arrived in sweats and some t-shirt, cough cough ash.

i sat there admiring everyone elses costumes which ended up making me slightly self conscious of my own costume. all the other girls had their legs out on display or wore a full on lingerie, i was only wearing everyday black tight jeans and a white and blue tank top over each other showing my cleavage only slightly with some accessories over.

'you ok?' ash whispered.

i felt his hot breath on my neck and his words making me shiver. 'uh, uhm yeah im fine.' i answered. 'where were you? rue said she looked for like 10 minutes for you.' he said into my neck again. fuck. i shouldn't be finding this hot right now.

'oh she was? i just... looked around,' i trailed off. he nodded and placed his arms around my waist. i smiled to myself as he started joining in the others conversations.

i looked back towards the pool to see a familiar angel walking towards the pool and falling in.

i let out a small laugh and got up from ashs lap because jules probably needed help getting out and i felt bad.

rue suddenly came out of nowhere and helped jules out the pool while she was mumbling random words. rue dragged her out the back gate and i didn't bother following so i went inside to get myself a drink.

au
quick chapter
not proof read sorry

997 words